Project Paragon | Trampa E-MTB | Custom Enclosure

Paragon

10 mW
Hello,

After completing a pintail build and riding around, I nearly fell a few times due to going over small rocks. I have also experienced speed wobble at around 25mph. To kill two birds with one stone; I decided on a mountainboard build. Most electric mountain boards that I have seen looked extremely heavy and ugly (with the exception of the E-Toxx builds) and I didn't like the idea of having a box of lithium under my legs :shock: . Here is my shot at a sleek electric mountain board:

http://www.electric-skateboard.buil.../3c1a4acf5ba9579855c6b1ed537ede10f39f729d.JPG
(my photo is too large to upload directly to endless-sphere)

My enclosure is made from G10 (CF blocks my GT2B signal) and Aluminum), and there is still a couple of inches of ground clearance below it. I have designed it for dual drive, but for now I will only use one motor. There is plenty of space in the box for lipos, escs, motors, wiring, etc. I am also working on V2 which will work with channel/spring trucks. My custom enclosure is extremely sturdy so far, and I may even sell some kits, if there is interest.

Current Setup:
Tacon 160
FVT120a esc
6s 5.2ah Multistar Lipo
10T motor sprocket
55T electric scooter sprocket (mounted using my G10 adapter)
25 chain
Cool looking voltmeter, light-up switch, and loop key

cool idea and looks pretty nice too! got 2 remarks though about this idea of an all in one motormount-electronic-box:

* the space between your feet is usually empty anyway and for tricks such as 180s, 360s, etc you want the mass centered directly in the spinning point of the board (which is: between your feet). probably doesnt matter if you didnt plan to go with bindings/offroad, even though im not sure how the driving behavior changes with 4-5gk extra behind your rear wheel! ;)

* the wheels take all the initial hits and partly transfer it into the board, partly transfer it into the wheel on the opposite side of the truck which is the reason why everyone on all kind of vehicles tries to minimize "sprung mass" in order to keep better traction. at the same time: the closer you are to your wheels, the more vibrations and hits will your electronics receive. the middle of the board is the very best place on the whole machine with the smallest amplitude of hits and the least vibration. this is probably not an issue if you just want to ride on roads, but on dirt trails I saw quite a few slow motion videos of insane truck vibrations/motions. not sure how well batteries and electronics would take it on the long run. :)

p.s.: whats the dimension for batterie/electronic use if you go dual motor?

whitepony said:
cool idea and looks pretty nice too! got 2 remarks though about this idea of an all in one motormount-electronic-box:

* the space between your feet is usually empty anyway and for tricks such as 180s, 360s, etc you want the mass centered directly in the spinning point of the board (which is: between your feet). probably doesnt matter if you didnt plan to go with bindings/offroad, even though im not sure how the driving behavior changes with 4-5gk extra behind your rear wheel! ;)

* the wheels take all the initial hits and partly transfer it into the board, partly transfer it into the wheel on the opposite side of the truck which is the reason why everyone on all kind of vehicles tries to minimize "sprung mass" in order to keep better traction. at the same time: the closer you are to your wheels, the more vibrations and hits will your electronics receive. the middle of the board is the very best place on the whole machine with the smallest amplitude of hits and the least vibration. this is probably not an issue if you just want to ride on roads, but on dirt trails I saw quite a few slow motion videos of insane truck vibrations/motions. not sure how well batteries and electronics would take it on the long run. :)

p.s.: whats the dimension for batterie/electronic use if you go dual motor?

This will mainly be a street build, but I'll go off-roading once in a while. To mitigate most vibrations, I plan to mount everything on rubber pads and use loctite on every screw.
I haven't fully built up the board yet (I'm waiting on sprockets), but I noticed that some of my truck vibrations are due to my flexy deck (12ply); I'll have to go with at least 15ply.
I don't have the exact dimensions now, but I can probably fit six 5.2ah 3s Multistar lipos if I wire everything neatly.

Hey.

The idea to complete mount all needet eletronics on the Motorside is for sure a compact possibility.
But i cant imagine that the place is enough for a Dual Motor configuration, but maybe i´m wrong (-;

I got one question. If i look at the mount i dont know how you will tension the chain/belt ?

Greetz
Jenso

+1 with white pony, I start to ride a lot and when you do some street; having the weight more centered is definitely a good move. Additionally, I am not a huge fan of having a big "square box" at the rear of the deck :D

well, tastes & colors !

Back