Purchasing from ShenZhen Victpower Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
deVries said:
Had to get a refund from Victpower, because they don't have 1st Quality Full Tab Cells for 3+ weeks now. Xin gave full refund in less than 24hrs. So, refund service was excellent.

1/2 Tab cells are still available. One tab will have lots of tiny round holes in it. See post for pics:

Group Buy A123 20Ah Cells USA Only!

Did you use paypal?

flexy said:
deVries said:
Had to get a refund from Victpower, because they don't have 1st Quality Full Tab Cells for 3+ weeks now. Xin gave full refund in less than 24hrs. So, refund service was excellent.

1/2 Tab cells are still available. One tab will have lots of tiny round holes in it. See post for pics:

Group Buy A123 20Ah Cells USA Only!

Did you use paypal?

Yes. ;)

I believe A123 has been given just enough money

to maintain a Heart Beat, i dont know how much or for how long

This company looks down on selling to individuals, cos you look ugly and dress funny

They honestly believe selling to OEMs is the way forward

Sad but true

I had somewhere here a thread on buying from vicpower, accidentally made a small discovery today. Cells made in Korea weight less than those in USA, see photos:

The made in USA cell (close to spec. 480g):
IMAG0307.jpg

The made in Korea cell (100g less from spec):
IMAG0308.jpg

Thought would be useful for someone...
Agnius

100 grams (3.3 oz) is a big difference. Has anyone tested these two cells for heating and C rate?
otherDoc

mistercrash said:
I would love to build a 24S2P pack someday, that would be something like 10 and a half pounds less with Korean cells. Thanks Agniusm.

I wouldn't be so sure. Korean i got was at 0.01V meaning dead. This just shows that there are fake ones on the market.

agniusm said:
I had somewhere here a thread on buying from vicpower, accidentally made a small discovery today. Cells made in Korea weight less than those in USA, see photos:

The made in USA cell (close to spec. 480g):
The made in Korea cell (100g less from spec):

Thought would be useful for someone...
Agnius

Back in April, I posted that the USA/ cells were494g vs the 2010 cell_man made in korea 20ah's (494g vs 466g). I also noticed the foil was much thicker on the USA cells, that is my theory on the weight difference. However, the 393g you posted is less than the 399g the 16ah cells weighed... What are the outer dimensions of the 393g cells?

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=29959&start=15#p569410

Well, cells are identical in size. I was doing some safety tests on these cells, check out later comming week on my a123 kit thread, will be posting videos. A glimpse, Korean ones were dried out inside or missing electrolit completely.

I was doing some rough testing on the cells [youtube]FKTJ-1ZJegw[/youtube]
then i remembered that i need to see whats inside the Korean one and compare them with USA. They lack electrolyte and were totally dry inside, i think thats were 100g went. Here is a photo of USA made cell i destroyed, visibly wet electrolyte spots:
IMAG0320.jpg

Some people are just really gullible to buy batteries that boast "low price".. you can thank walmart for that mentality.

I got 25 A123 20ah cells from them. One had high IR so replaced that one and had it for almost a year. And the 24s pack got 18.08 ah 1446.6 w/hrs. @ 30amps with a 2810 yesterday. Running with out a bms and balance charge as 12s with 10 amps. So I'm happy. Plus got it in the beging at about 25.00 a cell shipped. Ran it as high as 60 amps with a 3525 but the motor got warm.
Would I buy from them again NO. I have a girlfriend that sells batteries now.

Just had to share this email from Andy wang from Victpower :D

I did eventually get my money back from Victpower but it took 6 months of emails and money wasted on transfer fees, whether Xin was just being tricky is anyone's guess!

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 3,014
It wouldn't be a surprise if that is just another name being used by the same person. A bit like like Steve from Witchita (Customer Services rep on The Big Bang Theory).

I received a call from an Ebiker local to my area yesterday.

He ordered from Vic Power a 24s18p pack. He received 24s17p. So he is now in a dispute with Alibaba.

Tommy L sends....
mosh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back