Purchasing from ShenZhen Victpower Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I received my 14 cells from oat which were in the original packaging from China along with some extra from Oat (thanks)
to make it extra safe.

Just measured them and every single one was at 3.28v.. My 1st purchase from Victpower directly there were around there , but
I had about 5 which were a bit more or less.. Also the cells all looked pristine where before I had some various creases or indentations.

Just thought I would mention IMO these look better then what I purchased before myself.

ohzee said:
Just thought I would mention IMO these look better then what I purchased before myself.

glad you like 'em. :mrgreen: I didn't inspect the cell bodies though, that was just luck. I did check resting voltage, and the Teflon barriers etc, before I sold them. 8% of my cells were substandard - I think they will all give a normal lifespan, but I thought it was fair that the buyer should get a discount for the imperfections.

I figured there would be some percentage of substandard cells, I sorted them because I was worried that half that percentage would be in one box, and someone would be disappointed.

-JD

Just incase anyone is paying Victpower by direct transfer, make sure you visit your bank to set it up.

I tried to do it online, the payment bounced back because my bank doesn't give enough room on the web form to put in the full payee account name. Chines banks don't like this.

Paypal is sooo much easier :roll:

I'm considering a Vict order once I find a good 76-cell BMS solution to use with them.
I'm looking at 80-100 cells to end-up with some spares, and would like to hit the 500 qty to get the slight price cut, but not a deal killer.
I'm not interested in re-shipping since the Federal Regs have tightened, but could meet one-time to distribute centrally in SF or Oakland/Berkeley, or they could be picked-up at my shop in Sebastopol.
This would be an all costs/risks shared deal.

Probably best to PM me and not use this thread to discuss

or

Ross

laters

http://www.veloverde.net

cwah said:
So no problems with Victpower? everything is fine?
I just had a lot of hassle with the bank transfer. I'm still waiting for my order.

They sent a mail today to say they will soon be running out of stock.

I hope I won't have problem with Victpower neither.

Here's the picture of the 60V20AH pack they took before sending the pack:
battery_1.jpg

Battery_2.jpg

I hope I won't have problem with this pack. Fingers crossed!

cwah said:
I hope I won't have problem with this pack. Fingers crossed!

Here's your chance to be the ES science lab "mad scientist" and do what texaspyro always suggests! :lol:

OR, open it up & show us how the tabs are connected. :twisted: 8)

texaspyro said:
Now, I am reduced to trying to get unsuspecting schmucks to connect the big red wire to the big black wire :twisted: One can only hope...

:mrgreen:

cwah that looks pretty nice.. id call that a well made pack.

Sealed tight as well. So you have to attach the BMS yourself..

let us know how she works id have to imagine it should be fine for you

Thanks guys.

Devrie, I may open the pack when I receive it. But first I'll test the cell health and capacity. :)

Ohzee, is it a problem to attach the BMS myself? I can just glue it to the pack isn't it? (or move it anywhere I prefer)

Nice the BMS has some protecction. And yes it is best to get it off the pack. What's it for motor and controller setup. What's it going to fit ? Don't cut it open if it works. Just cycle it a few times first. FIRST. And don't do a ah test the first day. O.K.

cwah said:
Thanks guys.

Devrie, I may open the pack when I receive it. But first I'll test the cell health and capacity. :)

Ohzee, is it a problem to attach the BMS myself? I can just glue it to the pack isn't it? (or move it anywhere I prefer)

Yea I meant that more as a question sorry hit submit before I formatted correctly.

I was mostly curious if they had not secured it to the battery.. if so id imagine that's so you can place it on either side.
that BMS looks similar to the one I got from cell_man also tho hard to tell how similar.

how many amps you plan on pushing ? Sorry if I missed that somewhere sometimes hard to keep up with it all.

999zip999 said:
Nice the BMS has some protecction. And yes it is best to get it off the pack. What's it for motor and controller setup. What's it going to fit ? Don't cut it open if it works. Just cycle it a few times first. FIRST. And don't do a ah test the first day. O.K.

Where do you see the protection on the BMS? It would be for a Mac 8T + Infineon 12 FETs on a Brompton :)

Why do I need to cycle it a few times first? Oh.. yes, so the cells get the maximum capacity isn't it? And why shouldn't I cut it open if it works?

Because It will not go back in the same box the same. Why cut it open if it's working. But yes go for it i would like to see if it's bolted togethere or welded or what ? And take the cover off the BMS to see how many fet's ect.

oh, ok. I thought you were talking about the connectors. No I'm not going to cut the pack if it's working fine.

Going to do:
- Charge/discharge homogeneity test between cell
- Max capacity test
- Self discharge test (left it full for a day or two)
- Internal resistance

I suppose I can do that with my hyperion 14s? But it seems that the balance plug wouldn't match my hyperion?

I would open the pack up to check the main positive and negative cable solder connections.

My positive cable ad come completely loose, no big deal to solder it on again but would have been disastrous if I had not checked it first. Other than that I am impressed with the pack.

I had a hell of a job trying to solder 10AWG to the Positive tab, doesn't help when the tab is less than 8mm width.

Managed to do it with my stupidly large copper soldering iron but only when I had found some very small easy flow solder that did not have so much of that flux in it. The tab was dremeled clean but was very small to get a good solder joint. It should be ok though for the 30A continuous that will be going through it.

Damn it!!
Posting Date Posting Time Drop-off Point
9-Jul-2012 20:40 Pick Up Service

Date # Location Delivery Status
9-Jul-2012 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.
10-Jul-2012 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 10-Jul-2012
11-Jul-2012 United Kingdom Arrived and is being processed.
11-Jul-2012 United Kingdom Pending customs inspection.
11-Jul-2012 United Kingdom Pending customs inspection.

:(((

Tin both the wire and connection with solder before putting them together will make cut the time when actually joining the 2 parts- less chance of heat damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back