Purchasing from ShenZhen Victpower Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking into getting some more 20ah cells from Victpower so emailing our friend xin wang.

Turns out they no longer are accepting paypal just T/T.

Price 17.4-18.4 per cell depending on quality.

If this has been stated sorry just wanted to make others aware.

update on my replacement cells. If you read all thread.
I got my 5 ordered cells plus 4 repalcements.
All cells are marked A0 except one marked a1.
All yield 19Ah but just bearly mostly 19.1-19-2Ah except one marked a1 which yield just below 19A.
But I tested them untill 2.5V cut off.
So Xin delivered on promise I must say.
She promised cells would be picked from the same batch and that is what they shipped.
GOOD.

I didn't get any discount from them
They simply forced me to order something to get replacement cells
PayPal?
You have to remember that PayPal requires you to ship defective cells back and it costs money
SO how much replaced cells are going to cost?

Yes, it's not that simple. But at least you have the possibility to remove the money from the seller account. That forces them to deal with you.

Without Paypal, they can just ignore you once they have the money.

I'm not sure if VictPower has a strong interest for their reputation from forum such as endlessphere. I think that we're probably not their main source of income.

Today woke up to an email from Xin Wang saying that they now accept paypal again or rather.

"Now our company paypal account is working"

I am not sure if this is a case by case basis based on what you order (I ordered 20+ cells had no issues) or what.

Just thought I would share. I need to sell some stuff before ordering more , but I do plan on making an order.

I got the same email and am in the same situation as Ohzee. I need to sell some stuff to buy these batteries!

ohzee said:
Today woke up to an email from Xin Wang saying that they now accept paypal again or rather.

"Now our company paypal account is working"

I am not sure if this is a case by case basis based on what you order (I ordered 20+ cells had no issues) or what.

Just thought I would share. I need to sell some stuff before ordering more , but I do plan on making an order.

Is this Xin Wang person "the best" battery rep to deal with there?

We could do another group buy to save on the shipping overseas. Anyone interested in USA???

What price did you pay for 20 cells? What was your shipping cost? Total was?

Thanks. :D

I am trying to complete a second purchase from Victpower.

The first I did through paypal for 104 cells, it went Ok and the cells arrived quickly apart from one cell being punctured.

I requested 27 more and a replacement for the punctured cell. Xin was fine about this but insisted on direct money transfer.

I made the payment on 30 May to KING TRONICS INTL ELECTRONICS LTD, which was the account name she had specified, it all went through according to my bank.

She has since contacted me twice to claim the money has not come through.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Edit- I have since found a mistake was made with the account name, not enough room on the web form to fit it all in. It's best to do this in person with your bank if you are in UK.

I was thinking about buying a pack but I can maybe also buy 22 cells and make my own pack if it's easy.

What charger do I need and how do I balance them?

This is a 20s BMS,http://www.evassemble.com/index.php...oducts_id=45&zenid=8lgo528s0oo1b7a1noucoju0u2 I don't know of any 22s options apart from distributed BMS and Peter Perkins design.
I can't vouch for reliability but they have been helpful with stuff I bought (and replaced under things under warranty). Don't forget you can move the charger and BMS to a new pack when the cells do lose capacity.

If you don't have much electronics knowhow then don't go down his route, just get a package from Ping or similar.

Thanks Flexy. Ping is still a bit expensive with low density. So not a good combination.

I am planning on a 20s with 2 spare cells. So should be classical a 20s bms.

Anyway keep us in touch with the seller, if you can solve the problem

Probably a stupid question, but why their 20s battery is rated at 60V?

Each A123 20AH cell has a nominal voltage of 3.3V. So a 20s battery should be at 66V isn't it?

I bought 100 cells, no customs. They come 14 in a box. If you order just a couple more they fit them in. Twenty twenty two , they probably send 2 boxes.
The cells seem a little soft,compared to some others Ive handled. They might stiffen up with use.
With DHL they came quick.

I think you're right zip999. I'll most probably get a complete pack for starters. That way I'll already have a pack to follow later on :)

Casschr1, how were the cells? Are they all good? All at 19ah as expected? no dud cell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back