Purchasing from ShenZhen Victpower Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
pictures of my defective cells are on page 15 0f Quebec group buy thread started by Doctorbass.
I don't want to repost here - wastage .

Just file a payypal dispute and see what they do.

parabellum said:
dnmun said:
to me this is like the claim that agnius made.
Here we go again. :roll:

Right, he wasted our space & time on agnius's thread and now he's doing it here to microcar13....best to just ignor. :roll:

It is my story with Victpower .
No I did not received my replacement cells.
It seems it is true that Xin is just sales person and she cannot decide herslf anything regarding PayPall replacements, etc.
3 of my cells did not have isolation around bottom of terminals.
Pictures clearly show that.
First she had to ask supervisor first and again and again about sending replace.
Then she finally "suggested" that they can send my replacements with "next" order.
When I said no next order she simply refuse to send just replacemnts cells, she insisted I must buy some more cells.
I opened PayPall dispute and PayPal froze their money.
I need cells so I yeld and order 5 extra cells and they will include 4 repaklcements with my order, so I ended with paying for shipping of replacemts.
But now she demanded to cancel PayPal dispute which I did and finally they WLL be sending.

You said they "WILL" be sending? So it's not sent yet?

Damn that's quite troublesome lol.

I hope it's going to be sorted soon. Don't know if I shall purchase from them anymore lol

so now miro can sell the extra cells, including the bad ones to recover his costs of having to buy the 5 extra, plus shipping.

so he can offer to someone in the toronto area the 9 cells including the 3 bad ones for the money he paid for the 5 extra to get those replaced, and he will be even with victpower and someone else can deal with the risk those cells represent. that would be a good deal for someone to offer him money for imo. 9 cells would be worth the $150 or so it cost him. deal!

Victpower could not understand that once they shipped replacements which is clear from emails exchange I don't have a case and PayPal cannot no way resolve in my favour on my claim
But still they refuse to ship until case closed
You. As you can read in the thread by Lithuanian guy who also started dispute with them
he got FREE replacements namely he was not forced
to order anything and he paid 0 for shipping
So. Simply my 4 replacement cost me shipping - no free

I just find out there are two other vendors in China which sell A123 20Ah
And no they do not have min quanities
And I bet you those with 100 minimum quanity can sell 12 cells if ask for samples
Competition can do wonders
Dealing with Victpower had been one string of broken promises or outright lies and empty words
Now she says she shipped but tracking number only tomorrow
I frankly do not believe until I check tracking number
Even when I receive cells I still do not know what quality
My bank told me they can reverse charge on CC under conditions

I am on mobile right now not sure how to do link
One vedor is OSN Power other well known A123RC
They are on Alibaba
BTW Victpower as far as I know does not have web site only Alibaba contact
I heard read here that the reason people stik so much with Victis that they offer warranty
HA HA HA

I bought 152 cells, had similar issues that others are talking about. I can no longer recommend that anyone buys from Shenzhen Victpower.
They simply will not stand behind their product, their mistakes or their promises.

You may get lucky and actually receive what you order in suitable working condition, but if you don't I wish you luck getting it resolved.

If you do insist on buying from them pay with paypal, pay the extra paypal fee and call it insurance. I paid by wire transfer and didn't have any leverage in the situation.

On the surface they are nice and friendly with lots of promises, when it counts they don't give a shit about what you got vs what you ordered, only that they got your money.

7 of the worst are in the attached photo. (yes the bottom cell is in a ziplock bag to contain the horrid smell)

a123cells1.jpg

Below is an average cell from what I got, I ordered short tab (12.1mm) with no holes, I received incorrectly stamped swiss cheese in almost every length EXCEPT for 12.1mm

new tab.jpg

THAT only confirms that Vict has little control of what is shipped, because they are just go between
I found out myself that they give intructions to warehouse that are simply ignored and warehouse just ship whatis at hand and what is easier to pick up in blatant disregard what customer wants.
Xin is just a front to give impression to customer.
I got so tired of her changing stories and broken promises that I have enough.
I am not so sure how PalPal would have resolved my claim if I went ahead with escalating dispute to claim, I am not so sure if I would have gotten money back and if yes hat about shipping cells back - would PayPal hold refund untill cells returned,
Somuch uncernity
A123RC is Vict competitor and cells are not worse ask me how do I know.

rwaudio said:
I bought 152 cells, had similar issues that others are talking about. I can no longer recommend that anyone buys from Shenzhen Victpower.
They simply will not stand behind their product, their mistakes or their promises.

You may get lucky and actually receive what you order in suitable working condition, but if you don't I wish you luck getting it resolved.

If you do insist on buying from them pay with paypal, pay the extra paypal fee and call it insurance. I paid by wire transfer and didn't have any leverage in the situation.

On the surface they are nice and friendly with lots of promises, when it counts they don't give a shit about what you got vs what you ordered, only that they got your money.

7 of the worst are in the attached photo. (yes the bottom cell is in a ziplock bag to contain the horrid smell)

Below is an average cell from what I got, I ordered short tab (12.1mm) with no holes, I received incorrectly stamped swiss cheese in almost every length EXCEPT for 12.1mm

View attachment 1

That sucks dude. They just stopped accepting all paypal payments as they have an issue with their account according to their superior :roll:

Now we know why. You guys are really rolling the dice with a wire payment.

I was probably the last to pay by PayPal for my replacement cells plus 5 cells they forced me to buy.
Starting a dispute through PayPal-founds automatically frozen and they hate this, well ships as promised in first place.
Another thing is than Xin changes what she writes so often
Example it was suppose to be Fedex now is DHL
Those cells better be good or I do reverse charge with my bank

rwaudio said:

Yes, that is exactly how it works when you buy from a vendor in China. You may pay a fraction of what it would cost in the US, but as a tradeoff you assume tremendous risk on every order. Alternatively, you can pay a US vendor full price to assume that risk for you, and give you the support you are accustomed to.

rwaudio said:

I didn't know they had a short-tab variety, I only bought the full tabs from them. What was the per-cell cost on short tabs?

-JD

What fraction means
Is it really fraction?
If consider that 30 percent of your cells from one shipment cannot be used on ebike and can only be used on low power app like solar
So it is more than $30 a cell or $35 a cell
Bottom line bargain at $24 only if all cells good

oatnet said:
rwaudio said:

Yes, that is exactly how it works when you buy from a vendor in China. You may pay a fraction of what it would cost in the US, but as a tradeoff you assume tremendous risk on every order. Alternatively, you can pay a US vendor full price to assume that risk for you, and give you the support you are accustomed to.

rwaudio said:

I didn't know they had a short-tab variety, I only bought the full tabs from them. What was the per-cell cost on short tabs?

-JD

I've dealt with many good Chinese factories (but not a reseller) so I would say it's hit or miss just like buying from a US company.

The short tab cells were $14.30US when I first sent payment but due to a "mistake" they were supposed to be $15.20 so before shipping I had to send an extra $136.80US
Still I'm right around $20/cell CAD all costs included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back