Purchasing from ShenZhen Victpower Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
All were good . Only messing with 30 right now. There not all the same voltage out of the crate.
I'm getting 12a out before (or at) 3.2 on a full charge at 20 amps discharge so there s not much sag.
This is stopping at 3.2

Just received my order of 48 20Ah cells. New full tab cells which cost almost exactly AU$25/cell with all charges included.

7 days from T/T payment sent to acknowledgement of payment received.
3 days organising/packing
5 days in transit with DHL

Could have been handled a bit more efficiently and had the cells in hand in 10 days or less, but overall I was happy with the service and particularly Xin's prompt and polite communication, even after my money was received.

I've only opened 1 box so far, top cells a bit bent, the others look fine. I'll unpack and begin checking electrical health tomorrow.

They proposed me a 60V20AH pack with 20A-40A bms.

I told them that I'll probably only use 15A continuous and they said they can modify the bms.

I understand that the bms could have a peak (40A), but why is there also the working current? I mean if I want to run the bike at low amp (ex: 2-3 amp), it should still be possible isn't it?

Not sure about the value of the working current?

The only point of current limits on the BMS is to protect the cells.

These A123 20Ah cells can deliver up to 400-600A each.

If the rest of your system needs current limits (to protect the motor or controller for example) then set the limits in your controller or with a Cycle Analyst.

A 20-40A BMS sounds fine in your situation, but if you decide you want a more powerful bike later on, that BMS could annoy you and might need to be bypassed.

They often rate the BMS with a few current limits, one is the continuous current it can pass and the other is peak/spike or pulse which is a higher current that if only present for a short time, won't cause the BMS to cut out.

If the BMS cuts power to your bike and your battery isn't actually fully discharged, this can be frustrating, especially if you are stuck out in the middle of nowhere!

I completely agree with you. I just don't understand why they need 15 days to customize the bms from 20A to 15A when nothing would happen to the cells

cwah said:
I completely agree with you. I just don't understand why they need 15 days to customize the bms from 20A to 15A when nothing would happen to the cells

My feeling is that they would send the cells elsewhere to get built into packs, BMS modified etc.

Their core business may be repackaging boxes of cells and shipping them out and any other requests could take a lot longer.

You can always modify the BMS yourself my adding/removing shunt material to trick the BMS into different current limits.

cwah said:
It would still be a 40A peak bms but it would accept lower power continuous usage at 15A. Not sure about the reason of that

Any BMS will accept any continuous power usage below it's rated level.

Here's an example: 16S 80A BMS for lifepo4 chemistry:
http://www.emissions-free.com/catalog/i11.html

*Accepts 80A continuous current
*Peak current of 100-160A will trip the current protection cutout.

Any lower continuous current is also fine with this BMS, be it 5A, 15A, 23A 77A etc.

Making sense?

There must be a communication issue because what they're talking about modifying doesn't make any sense. You want a high continuous rating to allow flexibility in what the battery pack can power and a higher peak cutout incase you get a battery short between the BMS/battery and controller.

Yes, but in this case why do all manufacturer provide the working current and peak current? If the working current doesn't have any impact it shouldn't be displayed at all isn't it?

cwah said:
Yes, but in this case why do all manufacturer provide the working current and peak current? If the working current doesn't have any impact it shouldn't be displayed at all isn't it?

Because all of the current passes through the BMS board, so there's a practical limit to the current that can pass through without the board overheating or the components being able to cut power under load. . This isn't the case with larger vehicle BMS units.

Yes 750.00usd is a good price for a A123 20ah pouch 60v20ah battery with bms and charger. ? what is two 60v 3a chargers ? One for work ? I would get a second bms for the draw added in at the time of the deal maybe 20usd more and free shipping. Could you cut it open for us to see inside. The price is good. Customer service ?

They however said that each cell will be between 18-19AH. So that's obviously not premium cell. I want another charger because they break easily. I often have bad experience with charger. And I can also charge it in otger place.

Flexy has some problem witb them and they didn't aknoledge the payment.. Still some doubt with this company

cwah said:
They however said that each cell will be between 18-19AH. So that's obviously not premium cell. I want another charger because they break easily. I often have bad experience with charger. And I can also charge it in otger place.

Flexy has some problem witb them and they didn't aknoledge the payment.. Still some doubt with this company

Hey, I had my doubts that you would ever buy a battery from China. :D :mrgreen:

Congratulations for this risky move by you, especially! :lol:

Hopefully, it will turn-out well for you too. Do report back and let us know what you think.

Thanks. :)

Hi Cwah,

How is your communication with victpower?

I was thinking of making a buy on a pack 48V 20ah.

I got a quote of $400 + $172 shipping to Ireland.

But the link she then sent to me seem to be the older Lifepo4 packs.

I may be willing to do a joint buy with you to save on postage but i would need the pack then forwarded to Ireland which we would share total cost of shipping.

Also Xin quoted the weight to be 13Kg including charger which is high.

I was considering buying cells to try make my own pack but with BMS, Cell Price, Charger and other things i think buying the cells and building your own pack is almost more costly that buying a completed pack

Hello Hombre,

Communication with Victpower is quite nice actually. Xin answer really quickly all questions and I can even chat with her via skype. But communication with a seller is always nice before the product is purchased :lol:

Your quote total price is similar to what I have been quoted. Except that for me the battery was more expensive and the shipping cost lower! I think somehow they play on the shipping cost to give us incentive for a bulk purchase. But at the end of the day we both pay the same price.

I already ordered a 60V20AH A123 pack from them, around 14-15kg shipped for a total of 684.1USD. I decided to go via Paypal because Flexy had a problem with them where they said they didn't receive the payment. Using paypal add around 20USD to the total.

To evaluate the total weight, I understood that you'd have:
- 0.55kg*16 cell= 8.8 kg for the battery
- 1-2 kg for the charger
- And additional weight probably for the battery box and foam protection.

So a minimum of 11kg for the shipping weight. 13kg isn't that far. But better to check with her if you have the A123 20AH cells, and if you have a case or not. I wanted initially to have a metal case but it adds 2 kg to the total weight so I decided not to have it. Maybe your pack is well protected and that's why it's heavier.

I just ordered last week. They have a production time of 10-15 days... So I don't expect to receive the battery before next month... Wait and hope...

Sounds Good cwah,

I am half considering to hold off and wait until you get your pack to get your opinion of the pack. :)

But more than likely i will place an order soon and pay but paypal also.

That is one huge pack you have ordered. What plans do you have for it? Have you considered mounting options?

My frame is too small to mount inside the frame so that is a big headache. Trying to install panniers is also a headache. Handlebar mounting is an option but again not ideal.

Xin came back with a weight of approx 9Kg for my pack.

In reality i think 16s is too much for my needs in one pack. I want 25mph of a Mac 8t. So i think 12s would do this and yet it could be still small an light enough for one side of a pannier. In future i could add another 36v 20ah on the other side for mega range or in series for more volts.

But i know if i got a 36V pack i would be probably wishing i had bought the 48V.

The most flexible way would be to buy the cells and build modules from agniusm when he has more available but this would be a learning curve and take much more time.

A slight concern i would have with the built pack is not having access to the cells and being able to monitor each individual cell. Also Xin advised to buy the cells if you can build a pack. I would have concerns that the quality of cells going in built packs could be less than the bare cells.

Do you think this could be possible?

I wish you luck with you pack and i think i will be joining you very soon in purchasing :D

Thanks. I'm planning to mount it on the front luggage bag of my brompton :lol:

This bloc is actually quite strong, and as it's directly fixed to the frame and not the handlebar the impact on handling is low. Here an example of the front bloc handling a kid:
Brompton_bag_675.jpg

I also have a mac 8T, and also need a minimum of 25 mph. So getting a 16s would be too slow for me. That's why I decided to go on 20s, with the disavantage of the weight. But this pack has very good resale value, so if it doesn't work for me I can still sell it back with minimum loss.

I was thinking about building my own pack first, but as I've never done it, I decided to go on a built pack and repair it if there is problem to learn initially. And build my own pack next time with a complete build pack as example next to me :)

Hombre building your own pack sounds good, but it takes a long time and all the parts aren't at the local store. The plug and play battery sounds best if victpower has quailty build. The cheap vict-packs have had more then a few problems with the 220 rounds cells inside. The A123-20ah cells have a better change. Yes 48v realiy lights up a ebike and 20ah is great size pack for a ebike motor. I would build a cardboard box the size of the battery. then go looking for a old comly frame with the box as to fit it in the triangle. Cheap 60-100usd. bikes and good japanese bearings. I'm going to put 12s in the triangle and 12s on the rear rack. For 36v40ah for range or 72v20ah normal for hills. Like to hear more about prebuild victpower packs, connections ect.

999zip999 ...

I like your thinking. 36v40ah is genuine 20=Mph / 40miles range on a reasonably efficient motor.

I have already shelled out for a full suspension frame for my project buy to more i look at this new bike the more is realize it is not ideal. Triangle room would be a no go with these cells. My older ebike seems more suited for larger cranks and battery space.

Do you have any of cells? I see you were looking for some of agniusm's 12s modules. Them modules look sweet.

How would you plan to manage your modules?

I was thinking if cellogs 8's and alarm would be good enough to manage these cells without a BMS if the range was not being pushed on the battery? And would the cells stay reasonably balanced?

I have 25 A123 20ah cells going with the Drutledge build as a bolt togethere thing. So 2 12s and they will have balance wires and maybe a bms later. I have a daily battery 74v10ah konion I build, lot's of work with used cells. So i have time to get this togethere. Building a battery takes time and angiusm sold out of 12s. So on with the Drutledge build about 80usd. in parts for the two without a case. I would buy a victpower made pack for that money. But have read lot's with victpower earlier problems. Then people don't come to E.S. to tell how great there battery is. Only asking for help. So. Do you fell lucky. I did get my cells from victpower midwest group buy. Now charghing and cutting parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back