QS Motor Display 3 Speed Mode Indicator Lights wiring?

Tkseward

10 mW
I purchased a display from QS motor that has 3 indicator lights for the 3 speed modes when selected. QS motor has no actual wiring diagram documents on how the display should be hooked up and supplied only a basic wiring label table. So I discovered that currently the way the 3 speed modes work is not going to light up the display correctly with a 3 speed switch. Basically one of the lights in my case (normal) will always be on even when its in the other two modes.

The QS motor Display has (ECO = Economy), (NRM = Normal), (SPT = SPORT) each of them need a 12v ground to light since it gets its main 12v positive from a 12v converter. If you hook up a 3 speed switch to the controller which basically jumps two wires to a ground for two of the modes and does nothing for the remaining mode how the hell is this supposed to light up the lights independently.. right now it will always have "NRM" in the on state. So i get NRM alone, NRM with ECO, or NRM with SPT because of the way the three speed switches work on ebike controllers.

I asked QS motor how to hook this up correctly and they told me "this is beyond our knowledge"... That is lame.. they designed this display to work with e-bikes and they can't tell me how to hook it up correctly.. they keep refering me to the links i provided but that is very little help.. it does not explain how to have the NRM light turn off when ECO or SPT is selected with the external three speed switch.. Any thoughts on this like a specific switch or part I could use that would help me.. or even a specific way to wire up the switch to light the dash lights independently would be helpful..

QS DISPLAY:
http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article...er Programable Speedometer Milemeter/402.html

Wiring Table:
HTB1wLZUMVXXXXXeXpXX760XFXXXR.png

Image of Display lights:
HTB1bMIzMVXXXXXhaXXX760XFXXXM.png

Here is how I have it layed out and it always keeps the "NRM" light on.
Also I for ease of wiring i swaped the "eco" an "nrm" lights visually in this example. I am aware that is says ECO first then NRM then SPT..

3_speed_hookup1 copy.jpg

file.php

Ok update QS motor didn't design this in house as i suspected. This is why they dont know how to hook this up correctly. So with that said it appears that only the ECO, and Sport (SPT) mode lights will light up.. so if anyone on here has some trick knowledge of how to design a switch that can turn off a light when another light is switched on then drop the knowledge please.. otherwise my dash will only be like a car.. its norm with no indicator light.. or it eco with indicator light, or sport with indicator light..

just bummed this display doesnt have a 3 mode button on it to do the switching on the display and change the lights itself like most ebike displays do..

Hey guys,

it was late last night.. Now with a clear mind can't i just use a relay from a car to have the lights switch on and off when needed?

I think that you worry too much about that. Those display gadgets are only adding distraction and failure occasions.

A bike is not fragile when it is simple and minimalist. The more accessories you add, the more likely to have problems.

Anyway, a 3 spd monitor does need a switch that is double poles triple contacts, one side for controller speed signal, and the other for monitor signal. The usual ebike 3 spd switch is single pole triple contacts and wired with one contact blank.

Then, some controller can be made to return a 3 spd monitor circuit for the display, but you need to have this specific combination of controller and display to make it work.

The simple dptc switch method is best since it is independant.

Back