QSMOTOR,0.5-12kW Electric Hub Motor & Mid Drive Motor Manufacture China

ohzee said:
I had my 2nd interaction ordering some smaller items from Vito in the last couple weeks.

He treated me with the same level of support on a 30 dollar order as he had with my previous order for 2 of his motors.

QS Motor is lucky to have such a representative as well as us here at endless-sphere.

Thanks for all the help and such a willingness to please the customer no matter what.

Hope you stay for a long time.

Hello Steven/ Ohzee,

My glad, and thank you very much for your support!
As always, We're glad at your service.

Best Wishes & Merry Christmas In advance.

Offroader said:
QSMotor, will the QS 205 motor work on a 165mm dropout width?
How wide is the axle on the QS 205? Is it as wide as the cromotor axle because that axle is long enough for a 165mm drop outs.

Hello Offroader,

Thank you for your interest.
QS 205 Motor could work on a 165mm dropouts width frame.
For the lenght of axle, please refer to the drawing "QS 205 3kW Spoke Hub Motor 150mm Dropouts New Drawing 2015.07.02.pdf".
View attachment QS 205 3kW Spoke Hub Motor 150mm Dropouts New Drawing 2015.07.02.pdf
Also, we could provide some extra spacer /washer (2.5mm witdth) as below.
Cache_-4060ad7e9dac43e4.jpg
If you prefer Qulbix frame, I suggest to contact with them or purchase these Kits from Qulbix directly.
Our Hub Motor could fit with Q140R 165mm dropouts or Q76R 155mm droptous, please refer to below link.
http://www.qulbix.com/new-in-2016

Best Regards

BoomerChomsi said:
Do have a similar motor as Mxus 3000 V2 4T with 140mm dropout axle?

Nope, please refer to the catalog in first page, thank you!

Best Regards

Does the extra copper fill make a difference and worth the extra weight?

What kind of differences would you actually notice with the extra copper fill vs the standard copper fill like used on my cromotor?

Would the motor have more low end torque?

In the picture of the QS205 you can see where the axle is wider, I guess to give more support when in the bike dropouts. I assume this wide axle area should fit inside the dropouts of your bike.

Has that been an issue to any of you? I know someone is having an issue because of having clamping dropouts, the pinch bolt at the end of the dropouts can't be used because it will hit the axle at that wider point.

In the image at the bottom you can see where the pinch bolt might not clear the very wide axle.

file.php

GB21.jpg

Mammalian04 said:
Offroader I have the QS 205 so I am interested but I am not sure I understand what you mean.

Do you have it mounted in your raptor? I'm speaking with someone with 165mm raptor dropouts who can't center the QS 205 motor because of the thicker axle area. He may have to grind it down to be able to use the clamping dropouts.

It is not that it is to thick, it is 10mm wide as the rest of the axle. It is that it is too wide where the arrow is pointing. That wide part will fit inside the dropout (it is made wider to give extra support for the axle, the cromotor didn't have this). The area is too wide that the screw used to clamp down on the dropouts won't fit. You can get the screw to fit by grinding down that wider part.

Offroader said:
It is not that it is to thick, it is 10mm wide as the rest of the axle. It is that it is too wide where the arrow is pointing. That wide part will fit inside the dropout (it is made wider to give extra support for the axle, the cromotor didn't have this). The area is too wide that the screw used to clamp down on the dropouts won't fit. You can get the screw to fit by grinding down that wider part.

Are you sure we are looking at the same picture? I don't see any arrow in the photo...

Merlin said:
2nd Photo cant be showed.....theres only a placeholder that tells: IMAGE :)

You are right, if I sign out I can't see the image anymore. Odd. The image address was a endlesspshere address.

I'll upload it to photobucket.

I am interested in the V3 10x 2.15 inch scooter motor. The price is good, but $175 for shipping is too much. Why is there not a cheaper slower option?

@BobTheBuilder
What motor/controller combo are you running? That screen looks like it got your main functions right on your cell phone. Tell us more pls.

I'm running 28S 20ah Multistar pack, KBL 96v 250amp controller with the QS V3 96v 850rpm motor. I just ordered the 30*4T V3. I'm gonna keep my 24" rim on the 24x2.5 Hookworm tires with the higher RPM wind. My Defkon builds pack so much power (39.5hp less power loss) after 10 rides my rear tire is already showing wear.

I'm running 24" x 68mm double alloy rims. On "boost function" I have to lean way over my bars or the front end comes up even @ 60mph. This is the most powerful Emoto I have ever built and rode.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 3,224
QS 205 v3
I'd like to get some opinions on what the max acceptable running temp is for this motor.

So far I've seen up to 132 deg Celsius.

I want to stay in the safe zone,
Thanks

@joostj Well don't know yet from experience as my build is still not done.
But as a rule of thumb for hubmotors it seems that consensus is to keep internal temperature below 90 degrees celsius because any hotter and you can in fact risk that the magnets are dying on you. To much heat will de-magnetize them and render them useless - kind of like a limp you know what. It is there it just does not work properly.

Read the definitive cooling thread, and get yourself some statorade ferro fluid that is. Or drill your side covers. Or water cool.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48753

Btw what kind of wheel size are you running and what kind of power are you feeding you hot v3? Maybe it will run cooler if you have smaller wheel diameter?

Btw what kind of wheel size are you running and what kind of power are you feeding you hot v3? Maybe it will run cooler if you have smaller wheel diameter?

Thanks macribs,
I'm running a 19" moto wheel with 241 tire....and I weigh 220 lbs.

6cc of statorade from grin type 'A' in there.

I think a 17" or 18" would be better, but that also takes away from it's off-road ability a bit..may have to bite the bullet and do it, no use ruining a great motor.

Currently running 113 battery amps and 250 phase amps in the Adaptto controller settings. I'll likely dial that down a bit to see if it makes a big difference.

It typically gets to the 120 deg range fairly quickly

Back