Question on Battery having a built in switch to turn on battery

diver

1 kW
I have a 60 volt battery pack. when i charge the battery and green light says charged , i disconnect charger and try to test voltage and get nothing at battery. Once i install battery and turn on bike i have voltage at controller. Im confused as ive never run into this before. I must admit im lost as to why when battery is on bench no voltage so asking if after hooking up to bike and turning on switch that there is a internal relay in battery??. Thanks for reading this .

Is your system one of those where the battery and controller have to complete a proprietary handshake before the battery can "initialize?" (produce measurable voltage at the connector)

Is your system one of those where the battery and controller have to complete a proprietary handshake before the battery can "initialize?" (produce measurable voltage at the connector)
Wow never thought of that. Its a doohan i tank . I am rewiring the scooter and was all confused with battery no voltage. I guess i will have to get a new battery . I wanted to just change controller and use battery. Im not smart enough to open up battery case and change it.. Too old and age plays with memory.. Thanks so much

Last edited:
Back