Raised Bed Gardening - Cement Blocks > Greenhouse!

self wicking buckets grow faster :bigthumb:

just siphoned 1 gallon of plant food juice. Another advantage of a raised bed. would need a pump in the ground.
i'm going to try the tomato plant "tea" on some others.
it does look just like tea.
would be funny if 50-80% of fertilizer could be replaced with buried weeds. that is the impression i get.
can't wait to taste the tomatoes.
check out this

Last edited:
just got 2 free, used 47 gallon pots. 30" across, 21" deep. black plastic. easy raised bed. may have to watch root temps with black plastic, but should be warm enough to kill nematodes, etc. was from trees a neighbor bought.

i'm kicking around this idea.
Motorized raised bed :devilish:
scooter motor powered platform. need to move bed every day to get more sun, or pay $1000 to cut 9 limbs off a shade tree.
i have a 250w DC scooter drive on a 12" wheel. and a 500w drive on a 15" wheel, just lying around, so it would be near free. might have to buy a jackshaft for steep gearing. don't need to go 17 mph.

i'm building a cart for a raised bed :bigthumb: has two7" wheels and 2 legs that come up and form a handle that you press down to tilt and move the cart. size is 4'x2'. i picked this size since i got 3 plywood scraps on trash day. should be easy to move, but if i make it larger it could need a motor and 3 or 4 wheels.
i'm finding i can grow a lot more if i avoid dirt and use crushed weeds and leaves. got 150 small tomatoes from 1 plant, so far :eek:
i'm also thinking if i put legs on raised beds, i could slip this under it to move each bed. a custom hand truck.

got 2 free carts for movable raised beds. neighbor threw out 2 Troy 5hp Briggs pressure washers. will take off engines. nice wheels. perfect to take in a plant during a storm. can use as a hand truck or just leave it on there. we get lots of windy days.
did finish the 2x4 cart. took 7 hours inc. paint. used up some old paint from 1994.

got excellent free bed on wheels- luggage :) can tilt it up to move it :cool:
i've seen, over the years, numerous luggage sets out for trash.
never could figure out what to do with them. Until now.
Planters :bigthumb:

I'd say raised beds on wheels are the best :bigthumb:
Moved them out of the sun at 3 pm due to the heat.
:cool:

now using a bug screen on the 18-30 gal. beds. i cut up fronds from palm trees and make posts to keep the screen a foot above the bin. :bigthumb:
brought a bin into the kitchen on a cold night on my wheelbarrow. at 1am i found the bug that was eating the leaves. it was on there before i tried the screen and i could not find it before. it dines in the dark :sick:

Back