RC Lawn mower Traxxas X-Maxx, weedwacker, grass trimmer, weed eater

[youtube]https://youtu.be/C10Xu8XQt-s[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/pr5zxvUs92k

I made a thing :) wasnt sure where to put it. But im hoping for suggestions on how to improve this. I want to be able to raise the cutting height on the remote, and i thinking about making an 18650 batterypack for the cutting motors, they are about 1000watt each.

I was just thinking with your title that we dont get much rc stuff here at ES.

Improvements
1) More power is ALWAYS better
2) Adjustable height of the grass cutting blades/motor
3) More battery is good too if you need it
4) What about a few more motors and blades to make a wider cutting width
5) Have all the motors on a mounting bar that you can easily take off and put on. So you can use the RC for non mowing fun and mowing fun.
6) Use metal blades for grass cutting
edit - 7) Have the adjustable height hooked up to your transmitter/receiver so you can adjust on the fly
8.) Have variable speed for the cutting blades, might need faster or slower for wet grass vs dry grass

I know its just for 5h1ts and giggles, so optomising the process isnt necessary,..however.
You need a steady low ground speed to mow evenly...2-4 mph....more like Rock crawler gearing than your off road “race” set up !

Hillhater said:
I know its just for 5h1ts and giggles, so optomising the process isnt necessary,..however.
You need a steady low ground speed to mow evenly...2-4 mph....more like Rock crawler gearing than your off road “race” set up !

Thats a good tip, and youre right. Im actually trying to make this my go to lawn mower for the hills, so it is for more than just fun, even though it is fun also. Ill get å lower gearing, im also going to try nylon edge trimmer wire on it, and some 6 blade knives i bought on ali express, im also making a bigger battery pack for it. And i have ordered stiffer springs for the shocks to handle added weight. More versions and videoes of this to come! :)

Im ordering a smaller pinion for the motor, i also discovered the training mode on the esc, which lowers the max speed.

Back