Rear rack battery Tranzx Bl17 in something else?

mammonista

10 W
So I got the bike for what I thought was a reasonable price. $100 for a 2015 Raleigh Venture iE that somebody had left out in a very wet environment for an extended period of time. The 48v 500watt Currie rear hub motor is toast, but the Tranzx Bl17 battery takes a charge and holds it for an extended period of time. But can I use it on anything else?
The battery is on a sliding rear rack mount with a 6-pin 'spade' style connector.

I used a volt-meter to check the voltage across various terminals…

Any idea on the architecture of these batteries?
If I opened this up would I be looking at three 48v LiPo's wired in parallel to give the 8.8ah rating? How could I wire this up to XT90s to check the capacity/health of the battery on my electric fatty?
Any help appreciated!

You can probably figure out what's up with the battery connector by looking at the wire connections in the socket on the bike. At least some of those multiple pins are going to be in parallel with each other, I'm guessing.

Before you get too deep into it, you need to see if it will support a load. If you can fake up a cable (maybe using spade crimp terminals) that will interface this battery with a working e-bike, you can find out whether it's good enough to proceed with.

I found this website for a shop that certainly knows a thing or two about these packs:
https://ebikemarketplace.com/blogs/news/tranzx-battery-cell-replacement-service

Back