regen keeps tripping a fault

Hey all, I have proportional regen enabled on my bike (CA 3.1, Phaserunner, GMAC hub, 3 different batteries) set for 10A max- every so often I see the CA report -11A and then the whole system kicks off. My initial thought was the BMS but here's the thing, the CA still reports battery status as nominal but the throttle won't apply any power from the unit. Is it something in the phaserunner causing the systemwide shutdown? I have to hop off, pop the batt connecter, plug it back in and then everything is fine. My BMS claims it can handle this kind of power and this behaviour has occurred on 3 separate battery packs.

What am I doing wrong here? I'd love full regen capability without worrying about whether or not it's going to disable my electronics.

Since the power stays on, it can't be the BMS--that would completely cut power and evertything including the CA would turn off.

There could be Phaserunner settings that disable the ocntrolelr on overcurrent events, until it is reset.

Instead of disconnecting the battery when this occurs, try power cycling the PR itself (I think it has a power button? If not, disconnect and reconnect power to it). If this fixes it, then it is in the PR.

If it does not, then try disconnecting the CA from power, then reconnecting it. If this does not fix it, but disconnecting and reconnecting the battery does, then the problem is indeed in the battery, as unlikely as that would be.

If it turns out to be in the PR, then check out anything to do with overcurrent settings in it's setup program.

This particular PR doesn't have a power button, but I think there are some leads hidden in one of the housings I can use to power on/off, I'll look into it. And I'll try these troubleshooting steps!

I have a possibly relevant issue, the details of which might be of interest to you. To avoid cluttering this thread with possibly irrelevant information, I've posted my question in a separate thread:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=107476#p1573382

Back