Regen on a kt35a controller?

paulstung

100 W
I have recently completed my new build with a 1500w rear hub motor, a 52v 20ah battery with a kt35a controller but for now I've only got a 900s lcd display. I have noticed that the controller is capable of regen braking but obviously the display hasn't got the option to be able to set up the regen.

My question is if I connect one of the brake sensors to a switch will it activate the regen or do I need a full function display ie kt lcd3? ( I have actually ordered a 60v version of the kt lcd3 for delivery on the 11 June)

paulstung said:
I have recently completed my new build with a 1500w rear hub motor, a 52v 20ah battery with a kt35a controller but for now I've only got a 900s lcd display. I have noticed that the controller is capable of regen braking but obviously the display hasn't got the option to be able to set up the regen.

My question is if I connect one of the brake sensors to a switch will it activate the regen or do I need a full function display ie kt lcd3? ( I have actually ordered a 60v version of the kt lcd3 for delivery on the 11 June)

Don't think its going to work with a stock controller. Kt controllers are live configured by their displays; the display sends continuously a chain of numbers via uart to the controller, which reads them and applies whichever options have been set in the display. So advanced options like regen won't work headless (=without display)
Now if you flash the open source firmware, it can work even with your 900s display, because this time you'd burn you config directly into the flash memory of the controller, and the display won't do much anymore, besides displaying basic information and setting assist levels.

Thanks mate, that's exactly what I was thinking tbh. I was just curious about trying it before the lcd3 arrives.

How would I go about flashing the controller?

Back