• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Repairing a Bosch BMS

Does anyone know if the BMS from the powerpack 300 version can also be used as a replacement?
Probably just the estimated range would be off, but other than that it should work.

I've had only limited success with component level repair, the 12V regulator and schottky are doable, but the ease of just swapping a bms is way more tempting.

From my understanding from the past you must use a second 36 volt battery and hook it up to the BMS so you can on solder from your old battery otherwise the BMS will brick up. Not a very big battery just 36 volts to keep voltage at a certain level.

From my understanding from the past you must use a second 36 volt battery and hook it up to the BMS so you can on solder from your old battery otherwise the BMS will brick up. Not a very big battery just 36 volts to keep voltage at a certain level.
Oh no, no need to keep the BMS powered up, i've done many before already.

True for the Powertubes, but the Powerpacks wont brick if removed from a voltage supply.

True for the Powertubes, but the Powerpacks wont brick if removed from a voltage supply.
You've seen it with your own eyes? I still haven't got any powertubes with a functioning BMS in for repair, they all seem to brick the BMS but with the cells still charged.

Does anyone know if the BMS from the powerpack 300 version can also be used as a replacement?
Probably just the estimated range would be off, but other than that it should work.

I've had only limited success with component level repair, the 12V regulator and schottky are doable, but the ease of just swapping a bms is way more tempting.
do you have any BMS for sale ?

Neither the powerpack, nor the powertube, nor even the classic line need voltage support. It's scary to think how you repair these BMSs if you wonder whether a 300WH BMS will work in 400 or 500WH. bms is adaptive to some extent and learns to some extent to estimate the remaining energy based on measurements on the shunts. The largest battery I made for the Bosch was 24.5Ah 10s7p Samsung 35e and the BMS removed from the 300WH was able to estimate the distance.

Neither the powerpack, nor the powertube, nor even the classic line need voltage support. It's scary to think how you repair these BMSs if you wonder whether a 300WH BMS will work in 400 or 500WH. bms is adaptive to some extent and learns to some extent to estimate the remaining energy based on measurements on the shunts. The largest battery I made for the Bosch was 24.5Ah 10s7p Samsung 35e and the BMS removed from the 300WH was able to estimate the distance.
What is scary about simply not having had the chance because people barely buy the 300Wh (the h is a small letter!), so only now I got my first unit in for repair.
I know the BMS adjusts it's range, and while driving too. I was simply wondering if that much difference would still fly or if the system has some kind of limit.

What is scary about simply not having had the chance because people barely buy the 300Wh (the h is a small letter!), so only now I got my first unit in for repair.
I know the BMS adjusts it's range, and while driving too. I was simply wondering if that much difference would still fly or if the system has some kind of limit.
the system is even very flexible. no problem, in theory you don't need to delete errors after repairs, because if the ECU no longer registers the saved error, it ignores it, but I recommend doing it because then we know whether the error returns or not

What's scary is you quoting something I didn't post in regards to 300WH 400 & 500 WH (its a small 'h' btw). I just hope your more accurate with electronics.

I just got a batch of powertubes - And your right !
I've managed to remove & repair one ... so they don't need a line voltage support... its pretty much the same cct as the powerpacks but split into 2 boards.

Back