Roman Kostrygin - Sur-Ron 16kw outrunner

As some people know a situation with the broken motor supplied by the https://www.SurRonshop.com occurred recently. My good reputation is everything to me and I want to now explain what happened in details. Our customer Schneid To who already made a public post in the group about the incident ordered a 6k motor from us in winter. The motor was sold at a self-cost price and was delivered providing him with all the power capabilities we were advertising and Travis was happy with it, the motor was working as it should and the only problem was that the mountings we shipped to him couldn’t hold the torque of a 64t sprocket he used. Of course we offered him a strengthened mountings for free. What happened after that - Travis wanted to try our 10k rpm motor that I was not recommending since we cannot know for sure how the motor would work. Nevertheless Travis ordered a 10k motor and when testing it in SENSORLESS MODE (which is not safe to do to a motor) in the backyard - the motor blew up. This could only happen due to 2 reasons - motor had an object on its magnets or motor was not set up properly. In this case, at least the second was not right and motor developer has calculations for the fact that motor could not blow up without a nut left in the magnets by accident. After the incident we refunded all Travis payments for the motors. The issue was - we received payments in Russian currency from him and our currency exchange ratio dropped significantly. This resulted in a fact that we could not fully refund him in $ (392$ missing).

What I want to stress out from the situation is the fact that I will take the blame if there is my fault in it. But the product delivered was offering performance advertised and we offered better mountings for free. I also provided the customer with a full refund of his payments even though the motor was not run properly and Travis did not wait for me to help with the setup. I am not afraid to talk about this incident since I am honest with my customers.

Attachments

• D3DF855E-277F-4932-8F96-3864ADA5D44C.jpeg
    D3DF855E-277F-4932-8F96-3864ADA5D44C.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 2,045
  • 5F3C0E7C-AD63-4EBD-8C8C-120B9F7D3CFD.jpeg
    5F3C0E7C-AD63-4EBD-8C8C-120B9F7D3CFD.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 2,045
  • D02C8B2E-A804-4854-B0B1-8E8BBBA3417D.jpeg
    D02C8B2E-A804-4854-B0B1-8E8BBBA3417D.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 2,045
This could only happen due to 2 reasons - motor had an object on its magnets or motor was not set up properly

Sorry to see the damage. Are you certain that the magnets did not rub the stator from chain loads and pileup of mag fragments caused this crash. Should be easy to confirm or rule out the suspected loose nut on the failed parts.

I have no dog in this fight, but...In the end, you sold him a motor that you hadn't fully qualified and tested. While he seemed to understand the risk, that's still bad form. As evidenced by the destruction, 10krpm is a lot of energy with that mass and diameter.

Bryan Ratcliffe has just released a dirt ebike podcast https://podcasts.apple.com/ru/podcast/dirt-ebike/id1488285332#episodeGuid=Buzzsprout-3453370 with me talking about the SurRonShop in general and clearing out the situation with our race motor that recently happened. Here is an important text cut out from my talk. I want to spread this information to as many people as possible, would appreciate the help!

My name is Daniel and I am from Moscow, Russia. I got my first sur-ron in 2018 and I fell in love with this bike right away. Riding it every day felt amazing and after a couple of months I started to see it’s big improvement potential from suspension and brakes up to a controller and battery swap. I ended up upgrading every part of the bike except the frame and the motor.
By the time I had my 16kw sur-ron project finished, I found out that we have a lot of different electric bike workshops here in Russia that were not focused on sur-ron upgrades or could not find demand for their sur-ron products due to the language barrier or simply were unfamiliar with how to use social networks. This gave me an idea of why not to connect these different manufacturers with worldwide sur-ron communities. The first product I came out with were the seat extenders in summer 2019 for better sitting position and leg seat gripping while standing on the bike. This is by far our most popular product.
Surronshop is developing day by day and now we have a wide variety of upgrades for everybody like peg and seat extenders, stainless steel bash guards, peg spacers, chain dampers, suspension mudguards, custom decal kits, stronger progression links, batteries and battery cases, controllers and finally the race motors that were introduced in spring.

Many people already know about that recent incident with one of the supplied motors. I want to give my comments on this again and focus on the important points of the failure and clear our position as a supplier of the product. These high-performance motors are manufactured by Roman YTW200 since 2016 for different electrified motorcycles builds. The bigger magnets and better windings technology let this motor be much more powerful than the stock one and last significantly longer before overheating while having quite similar formfactor and weight. A sur-ron equipped with such motor in Moscow showed crazy performance: not only it was not possible to overheat the motor riding the bike with full throttle, but also it had more torque on the same power settings.

Now moving on to the incident, our customer Travis (http://facebook.com/to.schneider.1?tsid=0.9797496387528122&source=result) wanted the race motor that won’t overheat and give him the maximum possible performance out of his sur-ron on a track. We first sent him the high torque motor version at a self-cost price so that he could stress test it and give us the feedback as well as some advertisement as for a sponsor. He noticed that the bike performance was better with the new motor but the mountings were not strong enough to hold his 64-sprocket torque. Of course, Travis was offered a stronger mountings manufacturing and shipment for free but we needed to receive his old mountings for material to make new ones. What happened after that - Travis got the top speed motor version which was shipped with stronger mounts. When he was installing the motor, I was being hospitalized with pneumonia and couldn’t control properly the installation and setup process of the motor. So, the key thing that was wrong here is that Travis turned out to have launched the motor in SENSORLESS MODE which is like an emergency mode that is the way to go only if you have something wrong with the motor and you need the bike to just get you back home applying throttle gently. This mode is used for hall sensors setup process and not for normal riding. It’s important to note that one of the riders in Russian Sur-Ron community launched his original sur-ron motor in sensorless mode ending up breaking all of its magnets and having to fully recover the motor after a single ride.

So, what happened next in the backyard with Travis - the motor blew up after he applied full throttle. This is a terrible situation and I bring excuses to Travis again from me, the motor developer and the SurRonshop in general. We are sorry for what he had to go through after and I am glad he recovered from the incident. Returning to the motor explosion back again, this could only happen if the motor had a third-party metallic object inside like a nut between the stator and magnets which shattered into shrapnel after a good throttle input. I will now bring several arguments as to why other forces do not have an influence on the explosion.

First, using simple physics formulas, it is clear that when you apply full throttle on such 10.000 rpm motor, a force level of 355 Newtons occurs inside which is equal to just 77 pounds. So, even the force at full throttle cannot break or tear metal of the motors’ stator. And we are not even sure if Travis could reach that full throttle rpm speed riding in the backyard.

Second, I saw another possible explanation that because the magnets rub the stator from chain loads, the pileup of mag fragments caused the crash. This is not the case since the bearings are located in a way that the load on the motor axle cannot bend or twist the rotor.

Third and final doubt in our third-party object inside the motor explanation is that a detached or an un-glued magnet could cause the crash. This is again not the case since in the outrunner motor type the magnets are inside the ring… or I should say inside the circle. Centrifugal forces would strongly press back even a detached magnet preventing it from reaching the center where the motor stator is located. You can understand this my imagining yourself on a carousel. It is quite difficult to pull yourself to the center while it’s spinning.

After the incident we refunded all Travis payments for the motors. The issue was - we received payments in Russian currency from him and our currency exchange ratio dropped significantly. This resulted in a fact that when we fully refunded him all his motor payments, he lost 392$. After the situation became public, I could not contact him anymore on Facebook but I sent an email offering a refund of the rest of the sum out of my pocket. It would be great if we at least could get that motor back for investigation after a crash and maybe provide better proofs for our explanation other than the theory.

Now, despite how it all ended, Travis if you are reading this, I know you are a great person and I am again terribly sorry for this incident with our product. I take responsibility as a manufacturer for what has happened since the unit was supplied without strict installation instructions and precautionary actions that have to be taken before mounting. We already took the lesson from this situation and will provide precautionary actions as a self-checklist for installation process of the future motors. We are also working on a new design of enclosed mounting for the motors that will be made out of thick stainless-steel using water and laser cutter equipment. We could have already introduced the new mountings frame or at least a 3-d model but due to the coronavirus self-isolation restrictions here Russian non-medicine or food production organizations cannot work otherwise they get big penalties.

I want to mention again that the first delivered motor that Travis tested normally in FOC mode (not sensorless) gave him an advertised performance. We also provided the customer with a full refund of his payments even though the motor was not setup correctly and we did not control the installation process.

In conclusion, I hope this cleared the race motors situation and I want to thank each and every one who supports me on facebook and forums dedicated to sur-ron or ebikes in general. This means a lot to me and every SurRonshop customer is crucially important. We are doing our best to maintain a 24 by 7 individual tech support for each client who purchased our production. A couple of new Sur-Ron products will be released soon and I know many people are waiting for them so please follow my facebook. This project is not just a money-making source for me, I am excited to help electric bikes community develop with the rare and unique products like SinTech and Nucular controllers. I love to see when a person who was skeptical on a controller purchase since he is not very good with electronics gets it installed and setup himself with my support and enjoys the new riding experience.

Attachments

• 90B0A07E-3E0B-43FA-AB56-8AD999C662EC.jpeg
    90B0A07E-3E0B-43FA-AB56-8AD999C662EC.jpeg
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,890
  • 9F4F312E-8192-44B6-8C6F-1931649D415E.jpeg
    9F4F312E-8192-44B6-8C6F-1931649D415E.jpeg
    224.8 KB · Views: 1,890
Danlov said:
First, using simple physics formulas, it is clear that when you apply full throttle on such 10.000 rpm motor, a force level of 355 Newtons occurs inside which is equal to just 77 pounds. So, even the force at full throttle cannot break or tear metal of the motors’ stator. And we are not even sure if Travis could reach that full throttle rpm speed riding in the backyard.
Untitled.jpg
#1 Please explain the three apparent cutouts in the rotor in the attached image.
#2 Please show (in detail) your simple physics formulas, showing the 355N and where this force is applied inside the motor.

Danlov said:
Bryan Ratcliffe has just released a dirt ebike podcast https://podcasts.apple.com/ru/podcast/dirt-ebike/id1488285332#episodeGuid=Buzzsprout-3453370 with me talking about the SurRonShop in general and clearing out the situation with our race motor that recently happened. Here is an important text cut out from my talk. I want to spread this information to as many people as possible, would appreciate the help!

My name is Daniel and I am from Moscow, Russia. I got my first sur-ron in 2018 and I fell in love with this bike right away. Riding it every day felt amazing and after a couple of months I started to see it’s big improvement potential from suspension and brakes up to a controller and battery swap. I ended up upgrading every part of the bike except the frame and the motor.
By the time I had my 16kw sur-ron project finished, I found out that we have a lot of different electric bike workshops here in Russia that were not focused on sur-ron upgrades or could not find demand for their sur-ron products due to the language barrier or simply were unfamiliar with how to use social networks. This gave me an idea of why not to connect these different manufacturers with worldwide sur-ron communities. The first product I came out with were the seat extenders in summer 2019 for better sitting position and leg seat gripping while standing on the bike. This is by far our most popular product.
Surronshop is developing day by day and now we have a wide variety of upgrades for everybody like peg and seat extenders, stainless steel bash guards, peg spacers, chain dampers, suspension mudguards, custom decal kits, stronger progression links, batteries and battery cases, controllers and finally the race motors that were introduced in spring.

Many people already know about that recent incident with one of the supplied motors. I want to give my comments on this again and focus on the important points of the failure and clear our position as a supplier of the product. These high-performance motors are manufactured by Roman YTW200 since 2016 for different electrified motorcycles builds. The bigger magnets and better windings technology let this motor be much more powerful than the stock one and last significantly longer before overheating while having quite similar formfactor and weight. A sur-ron equipped with such motor in Moscow showed crazy performance: not only it was not possible to overheat the motor riding the bike with full throttle, but also it had more torque on the same power settings.

Now moving on to the incident, our customer Travis (http://facebook.com/to.schneider.1?tsid=0.9797496387528122&source=result) wanted the race motor that won’t overheat and give him the maximum possible performance out of his sur-ron on a track. We first sent him the high torque motor version at a self-cost price so that he could stress test it and give us the feedback as well as some advertisement as for a sponsor. He noticed that the bike performance was better with the new motor but the mountings were not strong enough to hold his 64-sprocket torque. Of course, Travis was offered a stronger mountings manufacturing and shipment for free but we needed to receive his old mountings for material to make new ones. What happened after that - Travis got the top speed motor version which was shipped with stronger mounts. When he was installing the motor, I was being hospitalized with pneumonia and couldn’t control properly the installation and setup process of the motor. So, the key thing that was wrong here is that Travis turned out to have launched the motor in SENSORLESS MODE which is like an emergency mode that is the way to go only if you have something wrong with the motor and you need the bike to just get you back home applying throttle gently. This mode is used for hall sensors setup process and not for normal riding. It’s important to note that one of the riders in Russian Sur-Ron community launched his original sur-ron motor in sensorless mode ending up breaking all of its magnets and having to fully recover the motor after a single ride.

So, what happened next in the backyard with Travis - the motor blew up after he applied full throttle. This is a terrible situation and I bring excuses to Travis again from me, the motor developer and the SurRonshop in general. We are sorry for what he had to go through after and I am glad he recovered from the incident. Returning to the motor explosion back again, this could only happen if the motor had a third-party metallic object inside like a nut between the stator and magnets which shattered into shrapnel after a good throttle input. I will now bring several arguments as to why other forces do not have an influence on the explosion.

Second, I saw another possible explanation that because the magnets rub the stator from chain loads, the pileup of mag fragments caused the crash. This is not the case since the bearings are located in a way that the load on the motor axle cannot bend or twist the rotor.

Third and final doubt in our third-party object inside the motor explanation is that a detached or an un-glued magnet could cause the crash. This is again not the case since in the outrunner motor type the magnets are inside the ring… or I should say inside the circle. Centrifugal forces would strongly press back even a detached magnet preventing it from reaching the center where the motor stator is located. You can understand this my imagining yourself on a carousel. It is quite difficult to pull yourself to the center while it’s spinning.

After the incident we refunded all Travis payments for the motors. The issue was - we received payments in Russian currency from him and our currency exchange ratio dropped significantly. This resulted in a fact that when we fully refunded him all his motor payments, he lost 392$. After the situation became public, I could not contact him anymore on Facebook but I sent an email offering a refund of the rest of the sum out of my pocket. It would be great if we at least could get that motor back for investigation after a crash and maybe provide better proofs for our explanation other than the theory.

Now, despite how it all ended, Travis if you are reading this, I know you are a great person and I am again terribly sorry for this incident with our product. I take responsibility as a manufacturer for what has happened since the unit was supplied without strict installation instructions and precautionary actions that have to be taken before mounting. We already took the lesson from this situation and will provide precautionary actions as a self-checklist for installation process of the future motors. We are also working on a new design of enclosed mounting for the motors that will be made out of thick stainless-steel using water and laser cutter equipment. We could have already introduced the new mountings frame or at least a 3-d model but due to the coronavirus self-isolation restrictions here Russian non-medicine or food production organizations cannot work otherwise they get big penalties.

I want to mention again that the first delivered motor that Travis tested normally in FOC mode (not sensorless) gave him an advertised performance. We also provided the customer with a full refund of his payments even though the motor was not setup correctly and we did not control the installation process.

In conclusion, I hope this cleared the race motors situation and I want to thank each and every one who supports me on facebook and forums dedicated to sur-ron or ebikes in general. This means a lot to me and every SurRonshop customer is crucially important. We are doing our best to maintain a 24 by 7 individual tech support for each client who purchased our production. A couple of new Sur-Ron products will be released soon and I know many people are waiting for them so please follow my facebook. This project is not just a money-making source for me, I am excited to help electric bikes community develop with the rare and unique products like SinTech and Nucular controllers. I love to see when a person who was skeptical on a controller purchase since he is not very good with electronics gets it installed and setup himself with my support and enjoys the new riding experience.

serious_sam said:
Danlov said:
Untitled.jpg
#1 Please explain the three apparent cutouts in the rotor in the attached image.
#2 Please show (in detail) your simple physics formulas, showing the 355N and where this force is applied inside the motor.

I'd also like to know why a larger rear sprocket somehow increases the forces on the motor/motor mounts. The motor has an output power/torque... that is the source of forces in the system... a larger / smaller sprocket has no effect on these forces on the motor only on parts 'downstream' of the motor (ie chains and sprockets, and by extension, the rear wheel). Please explain how the mount deformed 'purely' because of larger rear sprockets.

"First, using simple physics formulas,... "
paragraph directly contradicts
"...that a detached or an un-glued magnet could cause the crash."

If the centrifugal forces are small such as to not deform the motor at 10krpm, then the 'pushing out' forces are small... because they are the same forces. One being of benefit because its 'small' can not be also of benefit because its 'not small'.

case in point...
F=m*v^2/r, with v = ω * 2 * π * r
I CBF doing the maths myself right now but using an online calculator a 150mm radius rotor weighing just 1kg at 10krpm has a centrifugal force of 160 000N... not 300. Thats over 15 tones distributed around the face of your rotor. if your rotor is >150mm radius or >1kg in weight, then these forces are even larger. Take a shock load into account and you may well have enough deformation in the rotor to loosen a magnet or strike the stator. You also use different magnets around the rotor - if they are (say) 100g lighter, then at 10krpm you have a variance in force around your rotor of about 1600N/1.6T less force wherever you have one of these smaller magnets. IE 3, 4, 5 etc points where the forces are unevenly distributed and this likely to cause deformation, particularly at high rpms. Any deformation will also change the radius, causing more variance in the forces...

even at 3000 rpm, its a 150kg variance in force for 100g variance, or 1.5T/1500N of force. 300N is passed at just 430rpm, again, assuming your rotor is 1kg. Note - 3mm thick steel tube at 150mm radius and 100mm 'long' is about 1.8kg - so I suspect your rotor weighs more than 1kg...

Now I'm an electrical engineer not a mechanical engineer - so feel free to correct me if im wrong here but I dont think the physics are so complicated as to be significantly off in my calculations.

" This is not the case since the bearings are located in a way that the load on the motor axle cannot bend or twist the rotor. "
It'd be good if you can post a photo of the bare stator and the inside of the rotor, as im not (entirely) convinced that it cant deform in this way - though i dont think it'll be as significant as centrifugal forces.

I've little doubt about your regret for this incident and the pain caused. But im also in doubt that you fully understand the forces within the motor and the probable cause of the incident, due to the inconsistencies mentioned above. I'm also unconvinced that the large holes in the sprocket side of the motor will not cause debris to be scooped into the stator/rotor interface and caused exactly what we've seen - a simple flyscreen for instance would prevent small stones from falling in while allowing airflow (as has been seen in some modified hub motors ;) ). Perhaps something is 'lost in translation' though your English seems quite good - if you can answer the above 3 issues it'd be much appreciated.

9F4F312E-8192-44B6-8C6F-1931649D415E (1).jpeg

also just noticed that the cutouts are not even around the axle? curious as to why this is and how balancing is done?

sn0wchyld said:
I'd also like to know why a larger rear sprocket somehow increases the forces on the motor/motor mounts. The motor has an output power/torque... that is the source of forces in the system... a larger / smaller sprocket has no effect on these forces on the motor only on parts 'downstream' of the motor (ie chains and sprockets, and by extension, the rear wheel). Please explain how the mount deformed 'purely' because of larger rear sprockets.
If anything, a smaller rear sprocket could (in certain circumstances) increase load on the motor shaft, by reducing the sprocket:wheel ratio. i.e. for a given force at the wheel/ground interface (for example, the limit of traction), an increased chain tension (and hence shaft reaction) would be required to reach that traction limit.

For an analogy, compare dropping the clutch at high RPM (ICE vehicle) in first gear (large rear sprocket), compared to doing the same in a higher gear (small rear sprocket). First gear usually results in wheel spin. A higher gear more likely results in a slipping clutch or stall, indicating a larger torque reaction at the engine, enough to overcome the clutch frction (slipping) or engine torque/inertia (stall).

serious_sam said:
sn0wchyld said:
If anything, a smaller rear sprocket could (in certain circumstances) increase load on the motor shaft, by reducing the sprocket:wheel ratio. i.e. for a given force at the wheel/ground interface (for example, the limit of traction), an increased chain tension (and hence shaft reaction) would be required to reach that traction limit.

For an analogy, compare dropping the clutch at high RPM (ICE vehicle) in first gear (large rear sprocket), compared to doing the same in a higher gear (small rear sprocket). First gear usually results in wheel spin. A higher gear more likely results in a slipping clutch or stall, indicating a larger torque reaction at the engine, enough to overcome the clutch frction (slipping) or engine torque/inertia (stall).

I had thought that - but the situations that it'd apply would be rather limited, and as you say the opposite to what's claimed (larger = more force on motor). The only way a smaller one could increase the forces on the motor/tension on the motor chain is with a clutch downstream of the larger sprocket, or if landing a jump and the wheel / motor has spun up to a higher RPM than the ground speed. In each case, its only giving the clutch/wheel-ground interface a greater degree of 'advantage' over the motors spinning mass. The moment the wheel has full traction/clutch is fully engaged and any driveline slack is taken up then the difference due to smaller rear sprockets is gone, as its back to purely motor output torque providing the tension through the driveline.

For another analogy - think of you pushing down on the pedal on your bike at a standstill. Do you apply any more force on the pedal in a 'high' vs 'low' gear? Or is your weight on your pedal the same, and only the output of the driveline experiences the higher torque of a lower gear? Even the tension on the chain is the same no matter the size of the rear sprocket (front/motor sprocket changes can change chain tension/forces pulling on the motor mounts etc though, but only for the 1st stage of reduction, and that's not being claimed here anyway...).

I would like to see a detailed explanatin of the theory behind how running a motor sensorless could cause destruction of the motor in this fashion.

I have personally experienced that with an MXUS 450x DD hubmotor under high load (on my SB Cruiser trike) with experimental software in a sensorless FOC controller that under certain conditions it can "lose track" of motor direction, and then attempt to reverse the rotation while underway, and then snap the axle off the motor from the sudden complete torque reversal.

But I don't see how sensorless (vs sensored) operation (at any speed) could cause a high RPM motor to "explode" (grenade, etc), as the one being discussed in this thread above appears to have done.

A larger motor sprocket would certainly stiffen (Increase) the impact of what Aberwolf is describing. A larger rear sprocket would reduce this. Much like jumping on a diving platform vs a diving board. Huge impact force difference if you land wrong on your feet-legs on a ridged platform. With steady state torque levels, Chain loads would increase with more ratio reduction (smaller motor sprocket) and would bend shaft - motor structure more.

Interesting controller phenom, and I have something similar happening on my sabvoton - gng setup that fails controllers hall test. It runs great once it spins a bit, but the initial turn on if throttled hard it will break chains. If I roll it a bit first it appears to self learn and no hicups the entire ride. No issues running it on my cheap sensored controller.

Keep in mind that the failure I described is from experimental software that had a bug that caused the problem. It would not have mattered if it *had* used hall sensors--the failure of the software to "remember" which way it was driving the motor, and thus to apply the same torque it *had* been doing in one direction suddenly in the other, with a 500lb+ mass to try to reverse the direction of instantly, is what broke the axle. Inertia and all that.

The motor itself didn't come apart, or explode, because of it, just the extremely weak (like all common hubmotor axles) mounting interface point. And that would have happened with any hubmotor--it's a mechanical design flaw in the basic concept of transferring all of that torque thru the finger-sized (sometimes thumb-sized, if you're lucky) axle, into a (usually thin) frame that is usually only intended to secure an unpowered wheel in place. (mine are designed to hold the axle/etc of a high torque motor, but almost none of the ebikes I've seen in person or online take that into consideration, even for units whose frame was definitely designed around the idea of being an electric bike, rather than that being an afterhtought).

But the failure in *this* thread, there's no reason I can think of that simply not having hallsensors in use could cause the motor to explode like that, unless it is also an experimental controller with seriously buggy software (and even then, I have trouble imagining a scenario that could lead to the images posted here, that didn't already include mechanical flaws in the motor design or manufacture itself).

TerrySavace said:
What happened with these motors? Id like to get an upgraded motor at somepoint :D

Tbh. I did look back into this thread today to see if there was any updates since early winter. Not much to see here....I guess the peak power to weight ratio is what got me excited at first and the fact that it bolts onto a sur ron. But as things stands, with questions unanswered I will keep waiting before getting this motor. I don't need a motor that might explode. And still many months later then my last visit, so much is still unclear about this motor.

II think this motor is still for sale, it is still listed on their website. But it didn't seem like the man behind the motor did put much effort into answering the various questions in this thread about the exploding motor. Would you really consider to buy a motor that might explode under normal use? The guy that bought the motor that exploded needed surgery to remove the motor parts that became embedded into his body after the explosion. 80 000 $ in surgery, or so he says.

Until the manufacturer of this motor has answered all questions about his design I surely would not have the balls to buy this motor. After such an incident I think the only way to move onward would be to have a motor fully tested by a 3rd party, even if that cost money. Real lab testing and documented calculations to verify his design. Anything less I feel would be to gamble with you own health

I am a developer of this motor. I can tell you that the motor was modified and upgraded by me. he will be in fact without change, but he will become much stronger. it can't be blown up by any algorithm anymore. also will be made Motors doubled with very cool characteristics. there's not much time left and I'll show you here. I also conduct work on developing my own controller specifically for my motor and later you can buy a complex.

Silly :confused: question but could is possible to rewire the suron with square wire and upgrade the
:warn: magnets to n52 :warn: or higher potentially drill and tapping to use hallbach array :bolt: :?:

YTW200 said:
I am a developer of this motor. I can tell you that the motor was modified and upgraded by me. he will be in fact without change, but he will become much stronger. it can't be blown up by any algorithm anymore. also will be made Motors doubled with very cool characteristics. there's not much time left and I'll show you here. I also conduct work on developing my own controller specifically for my motor and later you can buy a complex.

To most of us it was clear that it was not blown up by algorithm but by structural weakness so it’s good news that it was improved.

Back