Sabvoton 72150 with 750C headlight output?

gpenchev

1 µW
Hi all,

My build uses Sabvoton 72150 controlled by a 750C TFT display. Everything is great I use it everyday, but I notice when I hold down + button the display dims and a headlight icon pops up in the top left corner of the screen. I wanna use this feature so bad and I'd like to get rid of the extra buttons for lights that I currently have. So do you think it's possible to pick up this signal somehow from ether the controller or display?

I know that these displays are used in Bafang builds and they actually send a message to controller to turn on the lights.
Is there a possibility that the Sabvoton outputs a lights signal somewhere as well? Mine has very few wires coming out of it, no brake signals, no alarms, no reverse input and the board has a lot of empty wire holes. Unfortunately I'm not finding any signal in any of them. Anyway, I'd appreciate if someone has come across this and knows more.

None of the sabvotons I'm aware of have any lighting connectors; you'd have to check your manual or the manufacturer site to find out if your specific model and version is different.

If the display itself has a light connector, you could use that to drive a small transistor or relay driver that then turns on a relay that controls your lights. You probably can't use it directly to switch the lights as most of the light connectors only support very low voltages and currents, and most lights need much more than they can handle (which will damage the internal switching, and may even kill the whole display when it fails).

If there is no external wiring for a light, the display could still have a pad on the board inside for it, but it may not be marked in a useful way. There have been some threads about various LCDs and failures with the lighting switching that have pics of internals and may be similar enough to yours to point the way. I don't have any links, but they should be findable by looking for threads about LCDs or displays and headlights or lights in general.

gpenchev said:
Hi all,

My build uses Sabvoton 72150 controlled by a 750C TFT display. Everything is great I use it everyday, but I notice when I hold down + button the display dims and a headlight icon pops up in the top left corner of the screen. I wanna use this feature so bad and I'd like to get rid of the extra buttons for lights that I currently have. So do you think it's possible to pick up this signal somehow from ether the controller or display?

I know that these displays are used in Bafang builds and they actually send a message to controller to turn on the lights.
Is there a possibility that the Sabvoton outputs a lights signal somewhere as well? Mine has very few wires coming out of it, no brake signals, no alarms, no reverse input and the board has a lot of empty wire holes. Unfortunately I'm not finding any signal in any of them. Anyway, I'd appreciate if someone has come across this and knows more.

Back