Sabvoton SVMC 72150 settings

Hermanic

10 µW
Hi all, I'm having a problem with my ebike build. I have searched the forum and read previous threads, tried various suggestions including using the "current unlock" version of the controller software, but the problem persists.
These are the components in question:

Sabvoton SVMC 72150 (with BlueTooth)
UKC TFT display
QS 205 V3 5000W (high torque model)
22S battery
ANT 300A BMS

I start by disconnecting the display, inserting the small terminator on the display cable and disconnecting the plug with the three cables. Then I connect the PC to the USB, or use the BlueTooth dongle and MQCON app on iOS.

The specs of the controller state a maximum voltage of 95V and my battery runs at 92.4V fully charged.
With everything connected, the controller shows a steady red LED, but the green LED flashes twice every few seconds.
When I connect to the MQCON software, I have both RX and TX flashing, so the connection is good and all settings fields are populated, but the "overvolt" error appears and is the only error shown.
I edit the max battery voltage field, hit OK, select "save settings" on the DEBUG page, power cycle the controller, but the change is not saved.
Whenever I view the page after entering the desired value, it has reverted to the default 88V. This happens whether I power cycle the controller or not, and whether I hit save on the debug page or not.

I have tried the above procedure with a 72V battery and everything I can think of, but I can't seem to change the max battery voltage, and the controller will not work unless I use a battery with 88V or less.
I would appreciate any ideas you guys might have, please?
Thanks.

It's probably a hard-coded limit to protect the electronics, since it's a "72v" controller it makes sense for it to be limited to a 20 or 21s pack (about 84-88v max), and the "95v max" they state could just be the absolute max voltage the controller could tolerate before damage is possible.

If it's not that, then it's probably the wrong version of the software for that particular controller. Keep in mind that there are multiple companies out there using hte name Sabvoton for their controllers, and their designs (firmware, hardware, and software) are not necessarily related or compatible. If you have somehow received hardware from one company but software made for some other company's hardware, you might not be able to get them to work together as desired. Even having different firmware version in the hardware vs what the software was written to work with could prevent it.

Back