Sabvoton not allowing configuration

Bought a Sabvoton SVMC72150 and installed it in my bike with a 60v battery and QS hub motor. Powers on, works great, motor spins the wrong way. Go into the settings on the UKC1 display, power cycle the controller, motor still spins the wrong way. Ok, weird. Unplug the UKC1 and plug in the power jumper and use the phone app with the bluetooth dongle. I get an error that is never mentioned in their documentation that says "restart" no matter what I do. Won't let me do a hall test either. No settings I change will save to the controller. Grabbed their USB cable and tried the program on my laptop and it also didn't appear to be communicating with the controller properly.
This model controller does not have a jumper to reverse rotation.

1711160130840.png

As far as my wiring goes, the motor, throttle, keyswitch, and brake switch are hooked up. The UKC 1 is disconnected in this picture.

1711160167586.png

Any ideas appreciated.

Do you have an MQCON compatible Sabvoton? That looks like the MQCON app in your photo.

My controller has two plugs that you have to disconnect as well as a display jumper plug for the Bluetooth to work.

The second one is a green, yellow and brown 3 pin connected to a green, yellow and black, both feeding into the controller. This one also has to be disconnected as well as the display.

I got mine from Risunmotor. The only thing I don’t like about mine is that it only caters for low brakes which means I had to fit an additional relay to get the brake light to work. Mine is also missing the wiring for a 3 speed switch, but I’m not bothered about that.

This is how I do it without help from the cat:

IMG_0159.png

Last edited:
Mine is from Sabvoton.net, the invoice says "MQCON Science and Technology Co., Ltd", it does not have the two display wires like AGS has. Came with the UKC1, bluetooth, and USB cables.

Honestly I had no idea that there were different vendors for slight variations of this. The app and PC program I'm using came from the same site linked in the invoice.

Back