Sabvoton Controller SSC72100/MQ72100

magna_503

10 W
Well I picked up a sabvoton controller on aliexpress from Quanshun motor and received a lemon.

The model in SSC72100, but the sticker on the Sabvoton is MQ72100. MQ72100 is what they will rename it to.

First, I had a hell of a time getting it to talk to my laptop. This is after all the USB driver was installed. I thought I gave up on it, but decided to troubleshoot a little further. I plugged in their Bluetooth to the laptop and the bluetooth was flashing. I then plugged the bluetooth unit to the sabvoton and there were no flashing. It turned out, the ground pin on the USB cable B11 was plugged into B9 which isn't grounded. I have a 5vdc output but no ground. So i temporarily run a wire to ground to the the next pin B11, which was ground for the USB, and the bluetooth light up.

Once I have communication going, and connected to it, the controller is seeing 175deg cel (shutdown mode).
I'm not seeing any temp input for it at the moment on the Pin out. I'll be contacting quanshun motor to figure out the issue.

Let's see what else is bad on this Sabvoton controller.

I have hopes in them. Hopefully they'll come through with a service.

So I finally got some time to work on the Temp issued. Turned out B19 shorted to ground would change temp to -55deg C, and clear one and only error on start up. As soon as i get some Hall sensors, I'll do a hall angle test and start fine tuning the motor. Wish me luck

Back