Schwinn Premise .. can it run 36v on stock 24v controller ?

Ypedal

Staff member
A local dropped in last week with a Schwinn Premise model 04SCPR07W ( 071-1564 )

The 24v ( 7S ) phylion 10ah lithium battery is down to 3 Ah .. the entire pack is shot ( i checked.. it's not a single cell out of wack balance issue )

The controller is labeled with a marker c7c 24v 15 A YR8 11-3 ...

I'm guessing on the C7C, bad handwriting.. could be 67c...

I popped the end plates to have a look at the capacitors but it's fully potted with semi-clear stuff and i cannot see the cap ratings.

There is no display, but the throttle has the usual LED indicators that can easily be disabled.

Does anyone know if this thing can handle 10 cell 36v ?

I could do a trial by fire but would rather not fry a usable controller on a bike i don't own.. otherwise it's getting a pair of 12ah SLA's since the stock pack is not likely affordable.. he paid 250$ for the used bike on kijiji.

No more idea than you, but old brushed stuff I'd be betting on 30v caps in there.

In order to " do it right ", both the motor and controller should be swapped out to a brushless type, at 36v

The bikes come with HP8204L2 chargers by High Power, typical chargers used by many vendors.. They are labeled as " Lithium Charger " but i tweaked the CC voltaage to match SLA peak voltage and they work fine..

However, i looked high and low for the trim pot documentation and am unable to find it..

Picture behind the fan/led end plate
HP charger.jpg

Top Left is Voltage

The other 2 pots on the right i'm not sure...

Top Right appears to set the termination current

Bottom Right CC stage current peak but these chargers have a weired charge profile, they vary current by 0.5 amps every few seconds while in CC stage making the adjusment of these pots kinda not obvious.

Ypedal said:
The bikes come with HP8204L2 chargers by High Power, typical chargers used by many vendors.. They are labeled as " Lithium Charger " but i tweaked the CC voltaage to match SLA peak voltage and they work fine..

However, i looked high and low for the trim pot documentation and am unable to find it..
Does this help?
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=16800

Thank you !

That confirms my findings on TL pot, but the other two are still unclear.. would love to find some official documentation on those... but for now they are getting the job done for SLA bricks on bikes that will not be used a whole lot so .. on to the next one ! 8)

you cannot read any cap label? i assume the mosfets are sunk in the potting stuff.

42V would be too much for 35V caps but they are not common imo.

the mosfets would be much higher V imo too. maybe 50V for both.

Back