• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Schwinn Sierra Electric Bike

I recently got a project electric bike, 1999 or 2000 Schwinn Sierra Electric bike supposed to only need batteries ,

But it needs more,

It has Two sets of wires comming out of the motor,

Black and Red, ( That one is easy, it goes to the battery )

But

The other plastic covering has two sets of wires,

One with a three hole connector plug with 4 wires going into it , two wires in the middle Black and Blue, and Red and White on the outside . ( this I can tell plugs into some strange thing on the drive side with a roller/cam/switch , The wire colors are not corsponding with the wires comming off the motor, what is that thing, But ... it is not the main question though )

There are two other wires Green and Brown going into a two hole connector plug, but there is nothing on the bike that has the other 2 hole connector plug or green and brown wires comming off it,
What was on the other end of those two wires , the Green and Brown ones ?

Anyone have a close up of the wireing on that bike, it seems to have been taken apart by a privious owner.
I really want to get the thing going, and Currie that make the motor says they did not make or design the bike.

I do not have my own computer right now so It would take a long time to upload any pictures , If I could get a wireing diagram though I could see what those Green and Brown wires go to.

Thank You

I'm awful sorry you've gotten no answers yet. But I think I know why; your post is just not very clear.

But here's a basic that even someone like me, who knows very little, can tell you. The path that the electricity must follow is: battery to the controller (with a branch from there to the throttle) to the motor.

So this means that those two wires from the motor do not, repeat do not, go to the battery.

You'll want to find your controller. It'll be mounted somewhere on that bike unless the previous owner stripped it off. It'll probably be a box and it's guts will look about like the inside of a computer or most any electronic device.

I'm not gonna be able to help with further wire routing, I think.

But if you read more and more of the posts on this site you're bound to learn enough to keep investigating.

Good luck.

Yes, or at least a link to a 2000 schwinn sierra that shows one.

I keep saying, I'm never doing for ya again, but then curiosity has me googling schwinn sierra. My best guess is that it will turn up as a currie.

Yup, it's a 24v currie. The kind that an I Zip uses that bolts onto the rear hub on the left side.

So read up on the I zip threads for good info, and ask some specific questions the guys who are into Curries will notice. I'm not familiar enough with em to say how they are wired. I'm not even sure if the controller is built in, or is in a seperate box on the bike.

Scooter parts houses, like superkids, and electric scooter parts, have the parts you will be needing.

Back