Sedona e-bike trail closure ?

Awesome. Does not mean e bikes are allowed on all trails, but I'll definitely like it if they are allowed on all bike horse foot only trails. Round here, the motorcycle allowed trails are pretty tough riding, even for young motorcycle riders.

Best of all, the blm bike trails here are now a national monument. I've rode those trails illegal for years, and now it's legal. 8)

I hate that thrill seeker speed demons are lumped together with the 5-10 mph trail riders like me. I'm not making any noise, not scaring anyone, never losing contact with the ground but somehow we're lumped in with the dare devils. Ugh!

I know! As a fast rider it pains me to be lumped in with slow people who can barely keep from dumping their bikes on flat ground and never ever pay any attention.

simonov said:
I am not interested in meticulous legal nit-picking about what is and is not a "vehicle:" to 95% of the population of average or greater intelligence, if it has a motor, it is a motorized vehicle.

Sure. And it is that perception that we need to try to change.

simonov said:
I don't share the pessimism expressed by others, that e-bikes will be more and more heavily regulated. In fact, the heavy regulation has already occurred, by lumping them together with noisy, smelly and fast motorcycles, and we have actually seen some liberalization over the last few years, in some areas. As e-bikes become more accepted and understood in general, they will doubtless be allowed on more and more trails . . . unless dumbasses make nuisances of themselves with irresponsible riding.

I agree. Class 3 provides more freedom to an ebike rider than a moped rider typically gets. And the three class system seems to be slowly gaining ground.

simonov said:
it's Not Fair™

But I'm not so sure "fairness" is really applicable to arguments about

I'm not sure if "fairness" is ever a good argument in making regulations/laws. It is generally used far too subjectively.

Back