Shameless plea for logistic help

Obiwan007

1 kW
I am tearing my hair out!! Getting pretty close to final assembly on my Giant DH/cromotor project. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55605
Been diligently searching for a replacement 150mm swingarm for it with no luck so far. I found one on pink bike and although the owner listed it as local pick-up only he finally agreed to ship it to me. I agreed to pay full price for the frame but asked him to only ship me the swing arm...I thought I was golden. Just waiting for the shipping cost so I could send him the money. Then...nothing, nothing for several weeks despite my numerous emails. Then he re-lists it on pink bike. I'm furious. So for another several weeks I email him every other day still with no response. Now he finally answers an email to say he is again willing to sell it to me and will get me the shipping costs so I can send him the money. That three days ago and no further response after several emails. I would really like to tell him exactly where he can shove his swing arm but this is the only one I have found after months of searching every day on pink bike and nationwide on Craig's list. So here comes my plea. If shipping it to the states is so hard for this guy I am wondering if anybody on the sphere lives near him and would be willing to pick it up and ship it to me. He lives in Nanaimo , British Columbia. It is on the inland side of Vancouver island directly west of Vancouver. Anybody willing to help me? Pleeeease?

Sorry to hear your misfortune. What a cock that seller. Time waster. I would not go with him after that. looking @ ur ptoject, you have some skills so why not make one yourself? Too much hassle?

Thanks for the kind thoughts agniusm. Incidentally I have admired your work for some time now. I have considered widening my current drop-outs with a little heat but 1. I am afraid I would get it out of whack and 2. I would prefer to not take the temper out of it. A bit out of my skill set. Anybody got any advice in this area?

Hi,

Not sure if you should continue to pursue it or not but Arlo1 lives in Nanaimo. Really great guy, probably willing to help.

Back