Shout out to DC Ebikers (esp. dbaker)

pdf

10 kW
I was in DC last Thursday and Friday at the National Sustainable Design Expo with a group of 5 undergraduate students exhibiting our project on using ebike construction as a way to introduce high school teens to low impact transportation specifically and the impacts of transportation mode choice, generally. It was part of the EPA P3 program, if you know what that is (http://www.epa.gov/P3/).

I was listening to one of the students talking to a guy for an awful long time and thinking that the guy had a rather greater-than-expected knowledge of ebikes. So I stepped up and asked him a few questions and eventually it came out that he was dbaker from the forum. How cool was that?

It was a great time. Hope some of you got a chance to stop by if you were in the area. We have a final report on the project, if anyone wants to read it. The project focuses more on the social aspect of the project (getting teams to consider the impacts of transportation mode choice) than the technical, but it is interesting none the less. The caveat is that it was written by the college students and only slightly edited by me so it is not perfect.

It was fun to see a forum member in person. I think that is the first forum member I have met in person.

Back