Show us how you parallel multiple packs

voicecoils

1 MW
How are you guys paralleling lots of RC packs together?

Got pics? I've seen the TPPacks boards and am interested in what else people are doing.

6s4p%20LVC-Parallel%20Adapter-bg.jpg

(tppacks.com)

I'm looking to put something modular together that will allow me to take groups of 15S1P packs and connect them together for 15S2P, 15S3P, 15S4P depending on range requirements and the level of current I'm expecting to draw.

I'm interested in solutions that parallel groups together first, then connect those groups in series. I'll also be paralleling balance leads together.

Cheers guys!

I bought some male and female 3s JST connectors (if that is the right term, going by memory). Then I bought the little metal crimpy things that you insert. Then I painstakingly put together 16 of these, pin by pin, crimp by crimp, and used solid wire ribbon cable (4 wires) to connect things.

Since my pack is just 2p, I basically made two female to male "extension cables" to the balance leads. Then I connected exposed the wires in the middle, and connected them together, to form the parallel connections. This takes two 3s1p batteries, and connects it into a 3s2p battery, but instead of only having a single JST connector to the balance tabs on both sets cells, there were two connectors to the (now paralleled together) balance tabs. This meant I could leave one constantly connected to a cell balancer, and use the other for diagnostics or any other purpose I may have found. I'd post a picture, but I threw them all out because the solid ribbon cable eventually cracked after a few days of bending them back and forth in the process of connecting them :D

In short, it was a pretty painstaking method of doing it and since i was a dummy and used solid wires, i have to redo the same thing stranded. Argh.

Back