Sine wave controller recommendation

t_tberg

100 W
I’m back on the sphere after several years, I have been using a 18FET BT controller from ES member PowerVelocity. The controller worked great for a few years albeit some beta Bluetooth problems. Anyway I blew some fets and fail replacing the failed fets so now I’m looking for controller recommendations. Is the Kelly KLS-S a good reliable controller? Do any of you have other controller recommendations? I wanted to check out the phaserunner in years past but now it looks like it’s back ordered.

t_tberg said:
I’m back on the sphere after several years, I have been using a 18FET BT controller from ES member PowerVelocity. The controller worked great for a few years albeit some beta Bluetooth problems. Anyway I blew some fets and fail replacing the failed fets so now I’m looking for controller recommendations. Is the Kelly KLS-S a good reliable controller? Do any of you have other controller recommendations? I wanted to check out the phaserunner in years past but now it looks like it’s back ordered.

Are you looking to maintain the same power levels? A good 7kW controller is hard to find. Kelly's are rated on phase amps, so you'd want it rated around 200A, like the PV.

5kw peak would be nice but even that is overkill. I’d like to maintain headroom for whenever I inevitably need more power. I’m building a 20s 16Ah battery from 80 samsung 40Ts but the BMS will limit it to 50A. So realistically a 3kw controller would work but I still have my old 20s battery and I used to run two packs in parallel occasionally for more power

Back