Smaller hubs?

imginit

10 µW
Do you think it'd going to happen? I see there's the 100-CST and the keyde. However, these are hard to find in the right size.

What I mean by that is the axle width is wrong. Keyde and the 100CST are both 140mm.

Do you think there'll be more hubs out there getting smaller? Do you envision <80mm diameter? Anything else out there?

Direct and I'll kill the thread if it's a repost

What mini bike hubs with cassette freehubs are available? That is, a hub shell of <100mm. Do these places have sites for purchase?

I know there's the cute 100CST (can't find a site for cute) which has a 140mm width which is too wide for bikes.

I know there's the keyde rear hub with a hub shell of 80mm. It again has a 140mm width which is too wide.
http://keyde.com/?do=product&lang=en&event=view&ids=12

Maybe for very low power assist, but there are few advantages to doing so besides cosmetics. There are, however, a lot of potential advantages in efficiency and power to going larger diameter...

There's also the conhismotor mini DD hubs

imginit said:
Direct and I'll kill the thread if it's a repost

What mini bike hubs with cassette freehubs are available? That is, a hub shell of <100mm. Do these places have sites for purchase?

I know there's the cute 100CST (can't find a site for cute) which has a 140mm width which is too wide for bikes.

I know there's the keyde rear hub with a hub shell of 80mm. It again has a 140mm width which is too wide.
http://keyde.com/?do=product&lang=en&event=view&ids=12
What you are claiming is simply not true.
The Q100 CST w/ a 9-speed cassette is 137 mm wide, only 2 mm wider than the standard Q100 w/ freewheel. I was able spread my alum. chainstays by hand to gain the extra 2 mm's. I had to use 2 extra washers inside the dropouts, one to gain clearance for the 11T gear and on the other side, to align the disc brk. I little bit of fussing, but not a big deal.
The rear hassle with the CST, is the amount of dishing needed to center the rim. Again, fussy, but doable.

Back