Smallest battery suggestions for 6 mile ride and Bafang BBSHD

Alan B said:
Should we split this into a separate thread?

That might be a good idea so those interested in using the EGO packs could find the info in the future. I know I'm interested in the topic and hope you make a bunch of male connections.

Here's a pair of the EGO compatible mounts, add a pair of seatpost clamps and mount behind the rider, above the rear tire. The batteries own weight is forcing them down onto the connector blades. Probably would want some additional retention, but it won't take much.

Attachments

• egoConnector03.PNG
    egoConnector03.PNG
    5.2 KB · Views: 675
Here is a build where he did what you are working on:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=83525ks

file.php

I did a bit more on this concept, a seatpost rack holding two EGO batteries. I like the 2.5AH packs (which I have two of), so that would be 5AH in parallel. I also have two chargers (at least) so could charge them in parallel.

The seatpost clamp design is not very accurate, those would be separately printed and bolted to the battery mount. Seatposts come in many sizes, so those would be printed specifically for the seatpost diameter in use.

The battery mount itself could use more design as well, I would like to support the contact blades on two sides like the EGO connectors do.

Attachments

• egoRack01.PNG
    egoRack01.PNG
    11.5 KB · Views: 649
Today I'm 3D printing the first prototype of the redesigned EGO battery mount/connector. I made a lot of changes, essentially a complete restart of the design, now I'm fitting it to the real dimensions. This design supports the connector blades on 2 sides, like the factory connectors. The body of the mount sits up higher and has a couple of M6 compatible clearance holes for mounting. This also leaves better clearance for air to get to the cooling slits in the battery.

Attachments

• egoConnector04.PNG
    egoConnector04.PNG
    4.6 KB · Views: 625
Outstanding!

Back