Smartpie?

atom1025

100 W
So I'm looking real hard at a smartpie for the wifes bike. I've had a bad year with gears so I want a dd. Most dd hubs are heavy and are far more motor then we need. The smartpie sounds perfect for a 20" rim. Wifes a 150 pounds so it doesn't have to pull hard.

There is barely feedback on this and no hacks or pushing it to the limits info. Originally only available with internal controller, you can now get it with external controller. I am willing to throw 63v at it if I have to.....

There's also the little dd from cohnis but can't seem to find one laced into a 20" rim. I think the smartpie is more motor though.......

Or should I just slap a bafang on the back? Never tried a bafang, only Mac.

Thoughts or experience? It must be a rear, I would be happy with 20mph for her but will likely push it to 30mph if it can handle it.

Thoughts or opinions?

Adam

I wouldn't use a rear motor cause it puts too much weight on the rear tires/ and spokes. Its just my opinion though. How far is your wife looking to ride on a charge?

Range is not a concern. The cargo box can handle 20ah no problem but will most likely use 8ah nanos.

Back