So today I'll hit 8,000 miles since last April

rborger73

10 kW
Currently NW of Pittsburgh, next destination unkno
Well this bike was put on the road in late March early April, but didn't get a lot of miles till mid to late April. Today on my way home from my near 40 mile round trip commute I'll hit the 8,000 mark. This April to next April should be many many more miles than I did over the past year.

What is your best mileage in a year? Off to work. 8)

Awesome yearly total bro!

Likely about 4000 miles my best year, 3500 logged, and guessing on 500 miles off road being the usual. Now I do about 2000 a year, plus whatever in the dirt. My work commute is about 2 feet now.

My old commute, at least 2 days a week I needed to carry stuff like 1000 pounds of cement, or 500 pounds of paint, so I only did the 30 mile ride about three days a week, then about 50 miles on the weekend for fun.

After wading through your build thread awhile, It looks like you put 8000 miles on a magic pie? If you figure you put about 30 cents per mile savings in your pocket vs putting miles on a car, you have saved $2400 this year. Enough to pay for what you bought to ride I'm sure.

Next year even bigger savings, with what you spend next year on ebikes being the fun budget, vs transportation budget. You'll need more batteries periodically, but the main bikes components should last several more years.

Even though you may spend every penny the ebike saves you on more bike stuff, the really big savings is each year you put off buying a car, and having that payment to pay. Rate you are going, if you still have a car, it will last 10 years longer than normal, or more. Figure if you bike six years, you just saved $20,000- $30,000. At least saving you about 3 thou a year!!

Wow... very impressive. Do you have any secrets to keeping your taint happy being in the saddle so much? :oops: :shock: :lol:

I've put 500+ miles on bike in the last 6 weeks. I can only imagine the amount of maintenance you put into the bike.

Crossed 63 miles today. Day 3 of ebiking :) Yes, my taint hurts, as my saddle was made for pedaling, not sitting.

Love your math DogmanDan, $$$...that's how I think about every minute in the saddle too...apart from enjoying the bugs in my teeth. :D

I did 3000 Km with my V 10 during the winter months. Now the nice season is here, and riding the Session 10 at an average of 500 Km a week. July and august, during the peak MTB season, close to 1000 Km per week. More than 15 000 Km per year, sometimes 20 000 Km. That is with 3 bikes, that I ride according to weather and terrain. I work semi-retired, 2 or 3 hours a day, so I have a tot of time to ride. :wink:

I don't have taint problems anymore. hehe. Build up the calluses down there.. all good. lol I have 720 miles for the month, and I'm in NW PA and has been a lot of unrideable days in April. I ride down to about 25F as long as the roads aren't icy or slushy. I do 200 miles most weeks when the weather is acceptable. Just shy of 40 miles on weekdays, and weekends if weather is good I like to do 100 miles or more between Sat and Sun.

Yes all the miles are on a Mp3. Same motor, one controller swap around the 5,000 or 6,000 mark. As far as maitinence, not a lot honestly. My rear hookworm tire is about to get changed finally, and I think it has close to 5,000 miles on it. Front could go another few thousand miles easily, but both are getting swapped in a few days. Just waiting for the new tubes to get delivered. I'm thinking of swapping out the front forks and front hub, and replacing the pedals, sprocket, and a few other wearable things out before summer. I think I've gone through 3 or 4 tubes, and really no tires since the back one is still road worthy, just work smooth in the middle. Going to probably yank the motor and replace the bearings and maybe the hall sensors and upgrade the phase and power wires by the 10k mark. Healthiest I've been in my life the last year or two. Gotta love it. :D

Badass! I tend to have worse luck with tires. So much sharp junk on my roads. They never sweep, and it rarely rains washing them clean. I've had several cases where a brand new tire went less than 20 miles. Some huge nail or screw on the first ride. grrr.

Doesn't help at all, that there is a metal recycling place about 2 miles from my house. They come in with their shaky jake load sprinkling shit on the way there, then on the way back the loose nails and screws bounce off the trailer for miles. Periodically I walk the first few miles around my house, and pick up all the sharps. But I just cannot do all 15 miles of that road.

Definitely, already smashed my year total when I didn't have a drivers license and rode a minimum 12 miles a day. A big fat cushy seat was my best friend.

Back