SoCal Motored Bike Race Grange Trac Oct 22

SoSauty

1 kW
E-bikers from all the SouthWest and those with the gumption to travel even further can make plans for Oct22. The motored bike race takes place in 3400' desert 'tween Barstow and Victorville. The Grange track is full of sweepers 'an hairpins with a honking long straight plus earstwhile rise and drops in elevation. You should check it out on Google Earth. 20mile south of Barstow, 10mile north of Apple Valley, 5mile east of Hwy15, a few mile west of nowhere
http://www.grangeracetrack.com/
Consider the 1st 5 e-bikers prepaid. Whenever directions to register get posted, jump on it. There will be racks for 4 e-bikes, a 5000watt gen and a professionally(well, gettin' that way) organized charge station in the shade for us. I will see that results get posted, for those vicarously living thru us real racing folk :wink: , immediately afterward here on ES.
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=31157
Thinking of starting a fund for whoever travels the furthest. John in CR, how far is Costa Rica? Hear that Thud could be cheap, maybe bribe him with some #35 sprockets :p
View attachment 1

Stop making me wish I had the time, the money, the balls.

I was starting to consider showing up, if only in the old farts riding slow class. At this point, I've had west nile for 7 weeks, costing me half my summer income in lost work. Still sick, barely riding anything, and it looks like I'll be skipping the really important event to me, the Albquerque balloon fiesta in October. :( Too sick to balloon is REALLY sick. This crud won't go away dammit.

Good vids will be priceless to me. 8)

Far as I'm concerned, the Death Race was the annual national title. So Paul is still the top motorized bike till next year. Hopefully the DR will return next spring so I can show up at that one.

Grange is a fun track. I've tested supermotos there. Hmm, my ICE race season should be over by then....Matsushima Performance wants me to get the ice bike out to them, and they want to collaborate on an EV motorcycle with me....I'm planning on going home to Hawaii in Nov. Maybe I should drive out to Cali with the ice bike and an ebike, race at Grange w the ebike, have Matsushima work on the ice bike and get our hands into the collaboration bike, then just fly from cali to Hawaii, rather than Florida to Hawaii.
I will definately have to get some work done on a fast ebike after the season ends in 2 weeks.

Jay64, sounds though you could bring a pretty innovative e-bike. There's a motored bike show that the same guy wins. Seems appropriate to have 'the most innovative e-bike/?gasser', where racers/spectators vote. 2 speed trannys, cooling systems, hi-power hi-sync controllers come to mind.

Dogmanz, are you sharing ticks with your dog or a sqeeter get you? Darn, you were poised to win or podium, now you're sidelined awhile. May you be your mighty self soon. Took a nap in my backyard and woke with 60 flea bites, but no diseases knock on wood. Yeah, Tucson DR is the real deal. Run what you bring. I think of SoCal as the British Open was to the Masters. All the big dogs get off the porch and make SoCal, but the greats have always run the DR. We'll take vids for you, man, no balloon ride :(

Oh, though folks pretty much kept to Morini's at DR, the Jenny is out of the bottle. #81, running a hopped Harbor Freight 196cc, lapped 2nd place Alex. Hear there's several other highpowered builds taking place. Motored bike racing tech, like electric GP at Leguna Seca, is about to time warp ahead a few years. Be interesting if the racing Mo-Peds decide to show up. One guy raced 'em in France and brought the genuinely fast moped concept over here.
http://tomahawktuning.wordpress.com/category/moped-racing-in-california/
Opps, there's a vid incorrectly credited to me (Will), it belongs to Dave (Etard); Chris has a top notch blog going for his Mopes. Scroll down for vids of Grange racing.

Dogman - sorry you've been sick. That sucks big time. I've just been hung over all summer :D Same thing, but my fault...

this is so close to my birthday, that It'd make an awesome present for me. Plus i'd get to see my family in socal.

Gotta finish my bike first and then set it up as a dualie!

Back