• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Source for bike parts in the USA???

elmo78

1 mW
So I moved to the US with my family and I left my bikes in Europe due to transport costs and restrictions. My plan was (and is) to build three bikes for me and kids. Well, I arrived, opened Amazon (assuming they have everything), typed some BMS, a square wave controller, Mxus V3 motor, Li-Ion batteries... And nothing...

I am not interested in Aliexpress due to the waiting time and almost non-existent warranty (plus shipping prices for idiots).

So where do you get all the necessary hardware and genuine Li-Ion batteries?

I am ideally looking for one place online where I can get it all:

- motors
- batteries or battery packs above 48V
- 100% nickel ribbon
- throttle levers
- bms
- controllers
- thick spokes

Please help. We need the bikes to commute to work/school and I am totally stuck :lowbatt:

Generally there is no one place for everything.

You can buy lots of stuff on your list from Greentime and they are on either aliexpress or alibaba so that strikes that off your list.
There are some 18650 cells you can purchase, along with your nickel strips. They are out of the Netherlands. BMS can be had at Besttech BMS pretty sure they are probably in China, and you'd need to buy MOQ of 2 from them. The MXUS has lots of motors available, you looking for the 45H or the 55H? Leafbike/Leafmotor came quite quickly, again from China, and yes s/h is high so factor that into your total cost projections. Took a week for my hub to come. Spokes are a dime a dozen on Fleabay, usually from China and yes the wait is long. You could help support your local store if they have spoke threading machine. Otherwise, Chain Reaction Cycle out of Ireland has bicycle parts and spokes down to 182mm. Genuine batteries, lots available.... www.ebikes.ca is one source. Also Home Depot's 54V EGO pack is just down the street, warranty and everything if you dont hack it up. EM3EV.com has lots available too, and a week or two shipping.

The US market is very immature for distribution of modern technology.

Everyone wants to buy on price,

so who's going to rent commercial space, hire employees, carry inventory, handle warranty servicing, carry enough liability insurance etc etc

?

when volume is thin, margins nearly non-existent, people expect you to hold their hands, for free!

No upside at all, just headaches.

The closest I know of is Luna Cycle, but they probably don't have your full list.

Just finishing my first conversion, but parts came from many places. The foundation from Ebikes.CA, but other pieces from Amazon, Luna, AliExpress and BikeHubStore.Com.

If starting from scratch, I'm not sure you can build Ebikes for less than fully assembled ones. There are what appear to be decent options out there in the 1500-2500 range shipped complete to your door that cost less than cobbling together all the parts and pieces.

Back