Sources for MAC motors other than ebikes.ca (come at me bro 👊👊 )

Spare the abuse, I love what Grin do and I've dropped plenty of $ over the past decade so I don't feel too bad about asking this openly 😉. Sadly the shipping, exchange rate, and customs fees are just absolutely punishing at the moment living in Australia. Also while I like my G-MAC I'd really just like a plain vanilla MAC motor that keeps the normal clutch intact, but can still take a cassette (this rules out ezee - I think they still only take freewheels?). My GMAC has decent power output and does a good job of moving my cargo bike up hills, but I really don't use the regen feature at all, and the noise of the locked clutch is annoying. In contrast, my G-310's are just beautifully silent when freewheeling, which is perfect for stealthy riding through the park if there are a lot of people around so I'd love to replicate that with a bigger motor.

Can anyone recommend a decent vendor for MAC motors and/or controllers that can handle the higher eRPM? Sadly MAC no longer sell direct to the public based on a recent enquiry I made.

Thank you 2old, have you bought from them? I'd prefer a slower wind and I suspect you are getting a fairly low quality rim and controller. But I will keep them in mind.

I just bought the Eunorau. It was 8T. But it is clutchless. I am double checking with them that that is not a mistake, just to be sure. Their description does not say anything about a clutch, but I would think the clutch would be the default. Cable exits at the housing, not the axle end. The controller that comes with it appears to be an infineon, 9 irfb4110, 100V cap, beefed up traces, with a Cycle Analyst connector. The rim is passable, but I always swap out for a tubeless compatible anyway

Cool, good to know. Interesting to hear it is clutchless. I agree I would have expected that to be the default for MAC unless they have changed their design. The controller actually sounds pretty good I must say.

Back