Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Kepler said:
Kepler Beta update:

Visited JK last week to discuss what I wanted to do with a Beta. As a personal favor he has agreed to modify the stock swingarm by adding an extra 25mm to its total length. So I am now committed to a full 29er Beta. 8) I am hoping it gives it even more of a bike look then the stock Beta. If it looks weird and rides poorly, I will just pay to have the swingarm cut back to stock.

Tipping back towards a geared hub on high voltage. My Fighter setup has very few negatives so I am leaning towards sticking with a tried and proven setup. I run a Bafang Code 12 in my Fighter at the moment on 18S LiPo. Good for 55Kph. I am leaning towards a code 13 or similar and run it on 21S4P 25R 18650. It would be 3 separate 7S packs connected in series.

Kind of going down the LiPo pack arrangement so I can use a stock RC balance charger when needed rather than a BMS. My experience with 25R 18650 cells is that they hold amazing balance anyway so a periodic balance charge should be all they need. Running 3 separate 7S packs should allow me to squeeze the 3 packs in length wise. At least that is the plan.

Will stick with an internally mounted Infineon based Mini Monster 6FET. Good for 100V and 40A. At 84V, I will keep the peak amps to around 30A which will be a walk in the park for this controller. Will also add motor temp protection to the motor this time round. Would be nice to go down the Adaptto path but I am struggling to justify the cost compared to what the Mini Monster and CA3 combo still offers. Other differentiator will be a Thun Bottom bracket for true torque sensing PAS.

Aesthetics wise I have paid some extra cash for matt black finish. Will do something similar to Alex to expose the frame latis work with carbon fibre behind it. Suspension will be Hyena Spec back and front. Have be testing those DNM 6 forks and they are very nice indeed.

Anyway, the wheels are in motion and excited to have another project on the go.

Its good to see you back in action on the thread. Neat to see you motivated. Leave it to JK to hook you up with a longer swingarm. I suspect as the Beta evolves, we may even see an adjustable swingarm to accommodate all wheel sizes. A code 13 on a 29" wheel will be a happy motor for sure. With a 21S pack, should be quick and light, and you will probably be running around 2C discharge on the pack, the 25Rs will be very happy and your volt sag will probably only be a volt or 2 at any time. its going to be a lightweight pedalable ripper. If there is one thing that will be great about the 29"....MASSIVE tire selection, more so than any other size now. Yes, it will be sweet indeed.

Mundane but oddly satisfying like one of those "mindful" colouring books. ;)
5225a07b3c56aec4a179661dd8215ffa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooh, 5P20S 30Q I presume. 1260 Whrs and 75A rated continuous. Nice.

Been building some 5S packs also with Samsung 35E cells. This will be a 30A continuous pack 5P7S and 5P6S connected in series. Going on an unrelated BBS02 client build. This is how I plan to do the 3 bricks earmarked for my Beta.

Attachments

• 20160702_160622.jpg
    20160702_160622.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 2,415
6p 20s mg1 at 2.85ah fella

Anyone else had problem install a bottom bracket? I cant insert my Hollowtech II by hand (with only fingers), it gets stuck after 1/4 turn. Tried to clean it, but maybe not so good before my first attemt.

Or did you use more force? Have read you should not do that, or is it just on aluminum frame?

Guess I have to get it to my LBS...

Yeah mine had a bit of Powdercoat inside. Was just process of winding in and out until done.

Mine needed a little persuasion to get started on the threads as well. No problems though

Ok it just gets stop after 1/4 turn every time. So either I just use more force with a tool, or maybe I will destroy the threads. If you search everyone just says no force or you could destroy the whole frame... First time for me so dont know really how it should feel.

Well I had the same problem on the other side, stopped after 1/4 count. But I have no patience so I used more force and came a bit further. Then took it out, cleaned and dit same again. In the end I got it all way in. Some material from the threads went away (I think from bottom bracket, or hope) so it dit not went so smooth as the videos I have seen... But I only used the hands all the time. Dont see any damage on bike threads so think I will try this on other side tomorrow and skip the LBS.

Swe said:
Anyone else had problem install a bottom bracket? I cant insert my Hollowtech II by hand (with only fingers), it gets stuck after 1/4 turn. Tried to clean it, but maybe not so good before my first attemt.

Or did you use more force? Have read you should not do that, or is it just on aluminum frame?

Guess I have to get it to my LBS...

I ran a razor blade along the threads, then with glove, wiped the threads with acetone, then used a cotton ball soaked in alcohol, then used some axle grease. I was able to get my BB to thread on far enough that I knew it wasn't crossed threaded, then used a Pipe wrench and part of an old MC tube to tighten the BB cups on.

Tats said:
Saw my 1st Stealth in the flesh today at Karrinyup road - what a magnificent looking piece of kit! Looked great in black with the twin headlight option. starts saving pennies.....

they are indeed a sweet machine.

Tats said:
Saw my 1st Stealth in the flesh today at Karrinyup road - what a magnificent looking piece of kit! Looked great in black with the twin headlight option. starts saving pennies.....

Not everyone would know where Karrinyup road is but its at my door step

Most Sunday mornings along Cottesloe (though haven't ventured that way in a few months) when I'm on the racer there's a guy that rides his black bomber up n down the strip, he'll always pull off some nice long wheelies when you ask him too

The stealths are sold around the corner from me at action sports in Balcatta

Mike

__mike said:
Tats said:

Most Sunday mornings along Cottesloe (though haven't ventured that way in a few months) when I'm on the racer there's a guy that rides his black bomber up n down the strip, he'll always pull off some nice long wheelies when you ask him too

Mike
Next time you run into that guy, tell him to get on es and post up a vid here. I want to see this Karrinyup riding area.

Rix said:
__mike said:
Tats said:

Mike
Next time you run into that guy, tell him to get on es and post up a vid here. I want to see this Karrinyup riding area.
Might go for a ride today down at this Karrinyup area.

Mammalian04 said:
On a sadder note, the steering tube split when we were setting the star nut. It seemed weak when we cut the tube down and the pipe cutter only made it less than halfway through the tube wall before the rest just cracked off. It seems it was very brittle and maybe that should've given us warning signs. When setting the star nut, the tube cracked several inches down the tube.

So Ting at DNM has got me squared away with new USD-6 forks coming. I just shipped the ones with the broken stem out (back to Taiwan) and the new forks should ship out soon. It took a little time but they have been quite helpful. Good on DNM in managing the exchange. Lets just hope the new one doesn't crack!

Mammalian04 said:
Mammalian04 said:
On a sadder note, the steering tube split when we were setting the star nut. It seemed weak when we cut the tube down and the pipe cutter only made it less than halfway through the tube wall before the rest just cracked off. It seems it was very brittle and maybe that should've given us warning signs. When setting the star nut, the tube cracked several inches down the tube.

So Ting at DNM has got me squared away with new USD-6 forks coming. I just shipped the ones with the broken stem out (back to Taiwan) and the new forks should ship out soon. It took a little time but they have been quite helpful. Good on DNM in managing the exchange. Lets just hope the new one doesn't crack!

Thats great, glad Ting came through for you.

one4torque said:
Mam i have a goid dnm here for beta if you are chompin to get started. You can send me the other when arrives. Im moving houses so will not be building beta for a while.

Very nice of you to offer. Thanks!

I think Ting has already shipped though so I should have it soon!

Glad to hear they sorted it for you. There's no arguing that's a QC issue. Somewhat random, I've never heard of that happening before, and I've roughly smashed many a star nut into steerers. It has made me rethink my brute force methods though!

Hyena said:
Glad to hear they sorted it for you. There's no arguing that's a QC issue. Somewhat random, I've never heard of that happening before, and I've roughly smashed many a star nut into steerers. It has made me rethink my brute force methods though!

Same here Jay, I usually have the stem snugged up good before I hammer a star into place, now I will have completely torqued down.

Back