Strange issue with Bafang G310STD when I stop pedaling

60kmh

10 µW
My e-bike setup: GMAC10T, 52v30Ah EM3ev battery, Phaserunner, CA3, Grin Standard Throttle, Grin PAS24p Pedal sensor.

See back story below for reason for the swap out.

GMAC10T out Bafang G310STD in.

Swapped setup is:
Bafang G310STD, 52v30Ah EM3ev battery, New Phaserunner, CA3, Grin Standard Throttle, Grin PAS24p Pedal sensor.

I swapped in a Bafang G310STD and a New Phaserunner.

I imported the Bafang Settings from Grin, and AutoTuned the New Phaserunner with the G310STD attached.

Everything appeared to be fine on a test ride.

26 km round trip ride for Work.

About 3-4 km into the ride I had to stop at a traffic light.

When I started up using the PAS24P only, I could hear a strange motor noise and had no power.

The noise continued as I pedaled out of the intersection.

I stopped the bike again and powered the battery off.

Waited 15 seconds and powered up.

I was able to use the Throttle and PAS to get going.

I rarely use the throttle and so almost always am using the PAS.

In the next 2-3 km I had to stop pedaling but no brakes and coasted for about 15-20 seconds.

When I went to resume pedaling I once again got the same motor noise and no power.

I tried the throttle but nothing.

The motor noise sounds like the motor is fighting braking and forward motion.

This issue continued all through my ride no matter what my speed, if I stopped pedaling.

As soon as I started to pedal again I would get the motor fighting noise.

The only way I found to clear the issue would be to fully stop the bike for 3-5 seconds.

I left the battery turned on while stopped.

If I applied a little Throttle I could feel the motor power up.

I could then Pedal away and continue with lots of power with no issues until I stopped pedaling.

I tried braking, I tried moving to not power assist to 0 before I stopped pedaling and nothing helps.

Looking for anyone that may know what is going on.

Back story on why I am running my spare Wheel and Motor:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I think my Phaserunner has got a nasty issue, it was causing the GMAC to act like it was e-braking and trying to drive forward.
I was getting Phase Over Current whether using Throttle or PAS or both.
I swapped out the Phaserunner, downloaded GMAC setup from Grin, I ran AutoTune and that appeared to correct the issue.
I put everything back on the bike and ran the motor un-weighted.
I swapped the original Phaserunner back in and uploaded the same setup from the new Phaserunner
(I had the same original issues of the motor appearing to fight e-braking and throttling forward and shutting down the Phaserunner with Phase Over Current.)
I swapped the New Phaserunner back in.
The motor ran and New Phaserunner appears to work ok.
I did notice there was a noise that sounded like one of the motor bearings was failing.
I took everything of the bike, stripped the motor down so I could test the bearing with my fingers.
The bearing is pretty crunchy so I did not want to ride it.
Need to find the correct bearings for the GMAC so until I can figure that out I had to Swap to my spare wheel and motor.

So had a few minutes to do some investigation by firing up the Phaserunner software.

1: Noticed a Faults and Warning: Warings[8]: Max Regen Voltage Rollback.

This never goes away even if I shutdown the controller and reboot the software.

I also noticed a 1-6 flash on the controller LED, this is a Motor Hall sensor fault.

I unplugged the motor, shut off the power to the controller, powered back up.

Same error.

So it looks like my spare Phase Runner is messed too.

Drag.

I made a few changes to the setting on the Phase Runner.
Battery Limits:
Changed the Max Current: 20.0 Amps
Max Regen Battery Current 1.0 Amps
Max Regent Voltage End: 58.8 volts
Max Regen Voltage Start 57.0 Volts
Regen Brake Speed 0.00 Kph
Maximum Reverse Speed: 0.00 Kph

I took the bike out for a ride, it took a while but got the same issue with the motor noise that sounds like it is fighting reverse and forward. I will post a video clip with the sound. The video is filmed after I ride for about a block and a half, stop pedaling for 5-6 seconds to round a corner, I start pedaling and the video shows the noise until I stop pedaling again, if I had started pedaling again the noise would start up again in most cases.

Sorry video was at night so tough to see but you can hear the noise. So again: I am pedaling and have power, I stop pedaling for a bit, I start to pedal, have no power, have the noise in the video, unless I come to full stop, wait 3 seconds, throttle, then pedal away. Repeat every time I stop pedaling.

(Video shared from Microsoft OneDrive.)
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AoT9H7RXcWVjixyPbcEOeQBBN61n?e=ziOkaQ

One interesting thing is the 1-6 flashing on the PH LED went away sometime during my test ride.

Haven't been able to figure out what is going on with my Swapped in setup:
Bafang G310STD, 52v30Ah EM3ev battery, New Phaserunner, CA3, Grin Standard Throttle, Grin PAS24p Pedal sensor.
Issue of Motor noise and then no power after pedaling stops, field repair: Brake to a stop, wait 3 seconds, Throttle a bit, Pedal, Repeat till I get to destination.

Good news: Local bike store: Our Community Bikes (Vancouver) was able to punch out my worn bearing and press a new one in. At the same time they held a training session for all their staff on how to do the bearing swap.

So I swapped out my Swapped in setup & back to main setup.
GMAC10T, 52v30Ah EM3ev battery, New Phaserunner, CA3, Grin Standard Throttle, Grin PAS24p Pedal sensor.
Got everything back on the bike and took it for a ride last night with no bearing noise and not Phase Over Current.
So swapping out the bearing worked, swapping out the Phaserunner for a new one, appears to have fixed the Phase Over Current.

I am also thinking there may be some wear on my GMAC torq arm spline interface with the motor spline.

I am thinking I may need to swap that out with a new one.

One thing I have been noticing over the last little while.

There is a rather harsh transition during e-braking and returning to pedaling.

Wondering if anyone else has this issue and possible solution.

So after swapping back to my GMAC10T with the new bearing and New Phaserunner.
I may have had the same issue at the end of a 14-15 km ride. I am not completely sure because it was tough to hear because of traffic noise. If it did happen then it also self corrected with out having to fully stop.
The self correct sometimes happens when I have the G310STD on the bike too.
The GMAC10T has regen and e-braking.
The G310STD does not, wondering if a setting on the CA3 is causing this issue.

Back