sunthing28 ebay seller screwed me and wont answer my message

im well aware i cannot magically make a 48v pack into a 72v pack and magically make the amphours 4 fold, i was asking for your opinion on lsv battery sellers. who the best in the business is and whatnot. ive since come to the conclusion that since this slick as*hole isnt going to help fix the mess he created im moving on to a lsv and letting everyone know how bad he is so no-one makes the mistake i did.

Thanks for the warning. I hope that you added this to the "vendors to avoid" thread, although by now his reputation has been solidified already.

no, his reputation is not diminished at all imo. this guy has done nothing here to show how his battery has failed as the other guy did.

we do not know anything about this battery yet so there is no way to demonstrate what happened.

if they guy wants to fix it he can start another thread requesting help figuring out what is wrong with the battery.

i consider the sun-thing packs to be a best deal for a cheap pouch pack from china. because of the surface freight that keeps the price low.

i honestly dont care much for fixing it because i usually wind up just messing things up more. thats why all i did was take the top off and take pictures and a video and ask my boss for help. maybe you will be luckier than me in getting a good quality battery pack from him. however this is something i no longer want to gamble with. i put this on here to show what happened to me. i couldnt really care less what you do, spending your money is your decision. however on the topic of batteries, do any of you know what battery company is extremely reliable for LSV's that sell both 48 and 72 volt lifepo4 packs that are at least 100 amphours and would fit in a GEM or a Club Car villager? this is my plan for transportation, an electric bicycle is simply not practical enough for me, especially when you add the problems with battery packs.

the point is that the battery you showed pictures of does not look like a battery from sun-thing28 guy. that is what we have been talking about for several days in case you missed it.

we recognize it is too difficult for you to understand but that is why we offered to help you examine the battery to determine what is wrong and how to fix it.

if you don't want the battery then why not give it to someone else who will fix it rather than just tossing it in the trash.

257myv8.png

this is the battery he sent me. he may have made batteries different in the past, different as in high quality and not as you have seen they are made now. but this piece of crap, was made by him. this is a fact. i dont care weather you decide to piss money away, but i know DAMN well your not calling me a liar. its right damn there near my vga to composite adapter and gps unit in purchase history. he sent me a crap battery. this is fact. exactly what motive do i have to say anything otherwise? would you like to see the correspondences too? its quite the one way conversation! i have taken as of ten minutes ago to making a multitude of email addresses and prepping them to spam the everloving shit out of his inbox. its not even about the battery anymore, its simply the fact he is outrageously disrespectful in the way he refuses to answer messages. next i'm just going to have to figure out how to DDOS him. i have an extreme distaste for people that lie and for people that disrespect me.

but like we said it does not look like a battery that we have seen from him before.

all of his batteries are built from 5Ah pouches and you showed pictures of a battery with single pouches which we could only assume are 25Ah pouches even though there is no measurement to determine it was 25Ah in size.

so that is what we were talking about before on this thread. that it is not a sun-thing pack and must have been built by someone else and resold by him.

if we could run this down then we would know to warn people not to buy this large 25Ah size if they are built by someone else or have systemic problems but we don't even know that.

It's too late for PayPal, and they couldn't assist you since even if you won it's prohibitively expensive to return the crap. However, your credit (or debit) card might have fraud protection that could help especially if they're affiliated with a local bank. You should explore that as well as report him to the BBB although that's probably of limited value.

Yes he is ignoring you because you have had it for too long. I am an ebay seller and I get stuff like this all the time, not that this is your situation but all I hear is stories filled with whines and complaints, to me this is just buyers remorse. To avoid a million messages that go nowhere and cause me a bunch of stress I tend to just ignore people who are past the period that is over ebay's return rule and if it is over my return period I will only tell them no returns. If you buy something be ready to use it, test it, whatever you need to do, don't buy something and not use it for months at a time then figure the seller will just trust you with his item that you have had IN YOUR HANDS for an extend period of time to just accept a return or send a replacement.

As for the battery it looks fine to me. I would assume the battery tabs are curled/bent like that because that way it will be safer then having them folded over/soldered together which could leave them to possibly make contact with each other, this would give them more space to breath and if puffing happens they won't touch eachother. I assume he soldered them together then bent them after. Everything looks fine to me. What exactly is the issue? Have you tested all the cells with a volt meter, or do you even know how to do that? Is there a lead for a cell analyzer to get the volts?

Or which cell in the box is it? I would give up all together with the seller helping you, a warranty with chinese cells, on ebay and expensive shipping is just stupid. Do some research on building packs here on different pack building threads and use it as a learning experience, I learned everything I know from 3 dead packs with a pcm/bms that came with my scooter, and it took me just a few weeks and I was able to built my own pack with the good cells I found in them. You can use all the other cells that are not dead and just use a pack without bms and balance charge and just be one cell short in voltage.

heres a usefull tip ask the seller to take pictures of YOUR battery as its being built! if he refuses to meet this request go else where because if he cant take pictures hes probably just a reseller ive never bought a lifepo4 pack from ebay but ive bought a few chinese guitars from aliexspress and the best way to make sure you get what you want in working order is to ask them to take pictures of it being built and ask for regular updates while its being made and ask for pictures of them wrapping and shipping it to verify it is the unit you ordered also see if they will test it before they ship it have them do capacity tests after its built but yea pictures and video of it being built will keep the seller honest

i just sent an email to the seller i tried to make it to where i will get the best battery and find out if hes a builder or just a reseller
heres what i wrote

my friend im looking at buying a 20ah 48 volt battery from your ebay store but i have a few questions?
is each battery built brand new after the customer orders or do you keep a supply on hand?
if you do have them prestocked and ready do you take measures to assure there stored at the proper voltages so it dosent damage the cells?
would there be anyways that i could have you build my battery custom to where its built just for me and its exactly how i want it?
also would it be possible for me to get pictures of my battery as it is being built and packaged for shipping that way i can know it a newly built battery and that it will meet my needs and perform as intended
also i would like to know if you will personally be the one building my battery or if you send the order to a factory to have it built?? im looking for a very high level of quality control on my batteries if it turns out good i will buy alot more
thanks for your time
steve peralta

if he correctly awnsers all my questions all move forward and buy a battery and see if i can get something decent

The picture of the Sunthing28 early in this thread is identical to my Sun-thing28 battery, I bought from him a year ago.
It was a 48volt 30Ah, in blue plastic and white foam. The BMS is different, but so is the capacity.

Here are threads with the same battery from Sun-thing28 and pictures of the pack

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=60455
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=64422
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=59510

And a thread about the charger
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=59549

Attachments

• P1040394 800x600.jpg
    P1040394 800x600.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 4,555
Arvicola Terrestris said:
The picture of the Sunthing28 early in this thread is identical to my Sun-thing28 battery, I bought from him a year ago.
It was a 48volt 30Ah, in blue plastic and white foam. The BMS is different, but so is the capacity.

Here are threads with the same battery from Sun-thing28 and pictures of the pack

this was the first i saw of your thread. if there really is only 2P then those would be 15Ah pouches. i just cannot tell from the picture. all the other sun-thing packs except the 25Ah seem to be made from the 5Ah pouches.

your BMS was obviously reworked and someone had removed one of the mosfets it looked like.
did you ever do any testing of the BMS? when you said it killed one of the cells did you test the shunt transistor on that channel? if you had asked then we coulda explained how to make the BMS work by unsoldering the shunt transistor on that channel but i do not recall you ever asking for advice.

the BMS can still be repaired but you can also buy a new one if you wish. if you have any interest in repairing the one you said is dead then we can help you do that too.

im not worried about shipping times just that i get a decent product that i can beat on with no regrets :)

dnmun said:
Arvicola Terrestris said:

this was the first i saw of your thread. if there really is only 2P then those would be 15Ah pouches. i just cannot tell from the picture. all the other sun-thing packs except the 25Ah seem to be made from the 5Ah pouches.

your BMS was obviously reworked and someone had removed one of the mosfets it looked like.
did you ever do any testing of the BMS? when you said it killed one of the cells did you test the shunt transistor on that channel? if you had asked then we coulda explained how to make the BMS work by unsoldering the shunt transistor on that channel but i do not recall you ever asking for advice.

the BMS can still be repaired but you can also buy a new one if you wish. if you have any interest in repairing the one you said is dead then we can help you do that too.

Interesting that it's first time you see these threads, you have posted in all of them :lol:

It's 15Ah pouches. And the BMS isn't worth fixing.

i did not know your BMS was dead. i do not remember that you ever mentioned it was dead and draining down the channel or i would have explained how to fix it. some of us fix things just because of the challenge. it is a decent cheap BMS. i do not know why the mosfet was removed but that was removed for a reason.

of all types of batteries why don't choose hobbyking cells? pay the extra cost saving all the head burden. haven't you read up number of aricles some bms kills the cells. so, 1 proper choice choose:- lipos. even if your charger can survive a long time, i doubt the bms will service you a long time. chargers? what i read is indeed true true - choose at least 200watt charger will last you. my bad experience on some chinese charger will never work.:) it will give you explode several times until i had to give up 100%.

kentlim26 said:
of all types of batteries why don't choose hobbyking cells? pay the extra cost saving all the head burden. haven't you read up number of aricles some bms kills the cells. so, 1 proper choice choose:- lipos. even if your charger can survive a long time, i doubt the bms will service you a long time. chargers? what i read is indeed true true - choose at least 200watt charger will last you. my bad experience on some chinese charger will never work.:) it will give you explode several times until i had to give up 100%.

The psychological burden of lipo fires.

[youtube]zQheOtdCTjs[/youtube]

i agree with you. avoid short circuit, it has no forgiving mistakes. i ever short only 2 cells smoke my whole house. lithium cells are something like petrol can catch fire, petroleum vehicles are everywhere. im staying with lipos and take precaution is important. mishandling will see danger. i have burnt 2 set of bms, so i feel bms are not reliable. every time i charge lifepo4 the bms is so hot. this is very true.

Back