Sur Ron 2023 upgrades KO combo or Ebmx controller w/stock motor?

macribs

10 MW
I was set on KO motor/KO pro controller combo, then KO Rush is soon ready. And ebmx 9000.
KO Rush is likely overkill and then some, but I hear great things about KO support, and I do love that software is open, one can thinker without paid support so changes can be done out and about. KO Rush will likely end up with battery upgrade.

Anyone considering KO Rush?
Wait for Rush or go KO motor/KO pro controller combo?

The Sur Ron was considered a motorcycle not an ebike by the site administrators. It’s site location was then moved out of non-hub motored ebikes to electric motorcycles.

I was set on KO motor/KO pro controller combo, then KO Rush is soon ready. And ebmx 9000.
KO Rush is likely overkill and then some, but I hear great things about KO support, and I do love that software is open, one can thinker without paid support so changes can be done out and about. KO Rush will likely end up with battery upgrade.

Anyone considering KO Rush, or possibly tested Rush? Worth getting or pure marketing BS and over inflated specs?
Wait for Rush or go KO motor/KO pro controller combo?

thanks.re posted in the right spot.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=118696

Never seen a KO in real life. Looks pretty in the pictures. You'll need a serious battery upgrade to get over 30kW.

I'm running a XX modified controller on my Sur-ron and it peaks around 10kW. That's plenty for me, but I don't race. At 10kW, the motor can get pretty warm. Seems like a 30kW motor is going to have heat issues.

I have the Ko Pro combo and run 15kw,that’s as much as I can handle out on the trails on Kauai.I have the 60v Chi 51ah battery.So far there is not a battery that will allow you to hit 30kw and that would be insane power on a Surron.image.jpg

Hawaiiguy said:
I have the Ko Pro combo and run 15kw,that’s as much as I can handle out on the trails on Kauai.I have the 60v Chi 51ah battery.So far there is not a battery that will allow you to hit 30kw and that would be insane power on a Surron.

How does Ko Pro combo work in regards 2 heat?

fechter said:
Never seen a KO in real life. Looks pretty in the pictures. You'll need a serious battery upgrade to get over 30kW.

I'm running a XX modified controller on my Sur-ron and it peaks around 10kW. That's plenty for me, but I don't race. At 10kW, the motor can get pretty warm. Seems like a 30kW motor is going to have heat issues.

I don't need 30 kw, I really need sustained hi power output without burning motor. But in some situations extra peak power on tap would be great.

It can handle a lot of power without heating up,maybe 7f above ambient temp after a hard run.Some guys are running 300amps at 72v on the street no problem plus the Pro controller is capable of 800 phase amps which is plenty enough for me.They are easy to setup if following their directions but support is easily available for one on one support ( for free !!!).Very high quality build through out.

I guess I give it a go. Goin for KO combo.

I saw specs for controller up to 100v. Safe to run 22s battery or 21s or blown fets?

It won’t run at anything over 98v max and their warranty doesn’t cover going above the 72v parameters but a lot of guys are running 84v.With the Rush controller and there new much bigger motor you could build a dirt bike in the Stark Varg power output.I think there making this package for serious DIY crowd.It was on there FaceBook page( info on new motor).

Back