Sur Ron X controller problem

SRfirefly

1 µW
Hello,
I am new to this forum.
Since a few months I also have a Sur Ron firefly and was until now quite satisfied with it, now I have installed a used X controller with about 500km.
The X controller also worked well, but since yesterday it doesn't react anymore.
I drove downhill without accelerating and then the X controller suddenly didn't react anymore.
Everything else still works, lighting etc. and the old controller still works, so it can't be the connectors.
I had then inserted the X controller again, still nothing.
Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong with the X controller?

Hi,
it's not responding to the throttle anymore.
Nothing happens, not even a twitch from the engine when I turn the throttle,
but when I reinstall the original controller, the engine runs normally.

Is it a middrive, or a hub drive?

If a middrive, does the chain or belt keep spinning the motor when the wheel is spinning, or does the chain and motor stay still while the wheel is spinning?

If it's a hub motor in the wheel, or the chain/belt keeps the motor spinning even when not powered, then it's possible the speed of the motor became great enough to generate a voltage higher than the controller's FETs can handle, and some of them blew up. Or the FETs survived, but the low-voltage power supply (LVPS) in the controller blew up, so none of the controller brain/etc is powered anymore. Capacitors can also fail from overvoltage.

You can open the controller and visually examine it, or attach good clear well-lit closeups of the FETs and the various sections of the board to your reply via the attachments tab, and we can check them, and suggest other tests/repairs based on that.

Or you can test some of the components, via the instructions at http://ebikes.ca under the Learn tab, Troubleshooting section.

Back