Tadpole & Izip Tricruiser quadricycle conversion

KAZUALT

10 W
I recently acquired an Izip Tricruiser Motor Sub-assembly, $74,with the thought of converting an older Tadpole Trike to an Electric Quad. I have been on Utah Trikes page and except for the "posi traction" gearing on the quad conversion kit they sell, the mountings are very similiar and shouldn't be a problem.

Has anyone attempted this before? If so please may I have the link.

I will be using 24" tires in back & 20" upfront, will this cause a problem that I am unaware of? Was wondering if it will add alot of stress on the front axles

How and where would the best place be for the freewheel? On the Sub Assembly, Jackshaft, or Crank. To me the simplest thing would be to get a trike freewheel adapter and mount it on the sub assembly in place of the drive gear.

THanks ahead of time. The folks here helped me on my first build for my nephew, LHD mid-drive with a nuvinci hub, and any advice would be welcomed.

Kazualt

OK guess no one has done this before. Well since I have you guys here if I really screw it up, I am going to give it a try. Wish I still had my nuvinci hub now, but I will probably just K.I.S.S. it!

Good luck with the project K. I think one reason you don't see many quads is because of the legal issues. Many places electric assist trikes fall under the same rules as bikes, but quads aren't allowed on any public roads or paths, except as mobility devices for disabled folks.

Back