TDCM IGH Motor Hub

Porcupines

1 µW
Hey all,

I'm electrifying my bakfiets, and was hoping to find a TDCM IGH hub for the rear so I can keep my enclosed chain and still have some gearing for those pesky hills.

I'm in South Carolina, so something in the US is preferable, but I'm willing to import something if shipping isn't too ridiculous from your locale.

More info from when they were available:

Use a front hub motor, along with whatever you want in the rear.

It's actually better when the steered wheel pulls in the direction it's pointed.

so I can keep my enclosed chain and still have some gearing for those pesky hills
Does this imply that you have a rear gear hub now? If so, would a mid-drive do the job?

I do have a Nexus 7 in the back, which, as I understand it, a mid drive would eat, even if fitment weren't an issue with the spine running down the bottom tube of the bike. Also, I'd like to be able to stop once electrified, and this is a coaster hub. I do have the roller brake version on another bike I might be able swap over, but I'll have to get it rebuilt into a 24" wheel if I do.

I certainly think a front motor would be simpler, but I wanted to see if anyone had one of these electric IGH hubs kicking around first. PXL_20230916_174857769.jpg

IMG_0211.JPG

Back