TDSZ2 & VLCD5 OSF no assist and only 1 bar battery

korgua

1 mW
Good morning,

I was over the moon discovering the OSF firmware flashing made by @emmebrusa for the TDSZ2.....absolutely amazing. Flashed my motor and instant success, really impressed.

The only wobble was a couple of cut outs during two rides of 20 and 30 miles, which I resolved by powering off at the VLCD5.

I was still needing to resolve the main issue I had, which is detailed in TSDZ2 intermittent cut out under load - SOLVED .... it was not the sprag clutch slipping, the rear Shimano HG50 cassette was at fault.

Now that issue was fixed I found the battery level on the VLCD5 would only show 1 bar and the lights on function showed zero stats i.e. no voltage. I power cycled the VLCD5 and this fixed the problem but the assist disappeared after a few pedal strokes. Rebooting the VLCD5 resulted in just 1 bar on the battery - which I know is good.

I reflashed the OSF using the default 48v ini settings - no change.

Fast forward....sometimes I can get five bars of battery and assist but that soon disappears and rebooting the controller leaves me with 1 bar of battery life.....I can no longer get five bars for any period at all. Have unplugged all the connectors and checked the PINS. The VLCD5 display powers on, I see the speedometer works, I can select a power level but the battery is on 1 and there is no assist.

It is a 6 pin controller.

Puzzled and would appreciate some steer on what to try next.

UPDATE: I reflashed the controller with the factory settings using STVP. This cures the battery issue, it now always displays full bars. I know have the issue that I get full assist regardless of the assist level I select. Strange, as this means reflashing the original files I made before I moved to OSF does not restore the factory settings.

Back