Test load for bulk charger

I was trying to think of a way to test my meanwell s-150-24 (x2 but only testing one at a time) bulk charger for max amps. I did the R33 resistor mod.
I have a car subwoofer and 2 car amplifiers that could easily take 150 watts. Using the amplifier means I can vary the load really easily.

Now, the meanwell puts out 24 volts. could I wire the 2 amplifiers in series? As in the ground from the meanwell goes to the ground in 1 car amp. Power wire from car amp goes to ground on car amp #2, then car amp #2 power wire goes to meanwell power output.

I understand I can mod it to lower it, but I want to know if this would work anyway, for future reference.

appleseed123 said:
I was trying to think of a way to test my meanwell s-150-24 (x2 but only testing one at a time) bulk charger for max amps. I did the R33 resistor mod.
I have a car subwoofer and 2 car amplifiers that could easily take 150 watts. Using the amplifier means I can vary the load really easily.

Now, the meanwell puts out 24 volts. could I wire the 2 amplifiers in series? As in the ground from the meanwell goes to the ground in 1 car amp. Power wire from car amp goes to ground on car amp #2, then car amp #2 power wire goes to meanwell power output.

I understand I can mod it to lower it, but I want to know if this would work anyway, for future reference.
Without an amp meter ... I would recommend you rely on the MeanWell Mods S-150-24
This thread details how to mod and adjust - precisely!
Ohm meter readings should precisely determine you amp output.

you can use the power supplies to charge a battery and if the battery voltage is lower than the power supply then it will put out maximum current until the voltage rises to the setpoint. use a big enuff ammeter.

Back