Testing prototype: 30% grade on 575 watts !

575W climbing 30% grade: Impressive but expected for a mid mount motor driving the crank.
Questions:
1) With or without pedaling?
2) Average speed? 3mph without pedaling? 5mph with hard pedaling?
3) Gearing ratio (front and rear sprockets' # of teeth)?
4) And energy consumption (wh/mi)?

I can climb that 30% grade too with my 2812 laced in a 20" wheel, 52V nominal, at about 7mph (no pedaling). I did not measure the power, but I think it'll be higher than your 575W. Educated guess is 1200W or 170Wh/mi.

In answer to your questions:
On all but the 30% grade it was light pedaling. It could probably make it up a 15% with no pedaling. I am very out of shape so the moderate pedaling on the 30% got me breathing hard but I was riding with one hand, sitting down so couldn't have been putting out more than 100 watts. I weight about 150 lbs, btw.
The voltage was 36V and was not the original battery, it was our LiPoly pack good for 20A continuous.
The controller is a Lyen 6 FET with 3077 mosfets.
The front sprocket was actually a 52 tooth (not stock). It has since been changed to 42 tooth which will give it more torque. I believe the rear is a 22 tooth. The top speed is still about 20mph.
The motor was barely warm after the hills shown. The day before I had it up to 800 watts and the motor got hot. So 500 to 600W is the sweet spot.
It now has some serious knobby tires on it, so hope to get some off road shots climbing Mount Tam soon.
I will be offering this model for sale sometime this summer and am currently accepting preliminary orders.

-Terry

I know its not the place, but I got my first hub motor from Terry alot of time before finding this place.
I was a total newbie and he was always a truthful honest person.
Back on topic, hope the test goes well because the in this vídeo he did really great with only 0.5Kw.

Back