The father in law said "Hey you like electric stuff"

captain387

100 W
Mother in law said "Yes get rid of those boxes of crap"

The father in law (John) does odd jobs for a lot of people and he was clearing out this house and was told to get rid of this stuff.

Now I don't know when the shelves were dumped into a cardboard box but man! I'm sure it was all organized perfectly at one point.

I guess I get to learn a little more about electronics.

Attachments

• DSC00125 - Copy.JPG
    DSC00125 - Copy.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 999
It's like trying to find a capacitor in a pile of transistors! :lol:

Its a find alright,,, don't know if it is nice or not until it's sorted :shock:
I found a 30,000 uf Cap at the bottom
Along with 6 variable resistor trim pots.

There are also a few containers with these 1 cm long metal (aluminum?) things cylinders with varying widths along each one.
There are are probably a few hundred, not sure what they are for but the guy was into shortwave radios.

captain387 said:
There are also a few containers with these 1 cm long metal (aluminum?) things cylinders with varying widths along each one.
There are are probably a few hundred, not sure what they are for but the guy was into shortwave radios.
crystals?
http://www.google.com/search?q=radio%20crystals&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=774&bih=889&sei=uMzkUN_FDovSiAL8kYGQBA

or vaccuum tubes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_tube

Well the previous owner was,,,,, organized here are the bins that came from the same place
DSC00126.JPG
Unfortunately someone was kind enough to dump all of the contents into the cardboard box :roll:
There is also another storage container not pictured!

And here are the metal items,,,a picture says a thousand words!

Thanks for the guess Amberwolf, and yes there are a few crystals in there as well!

Lebowski said:
You should see the 3 moving boxes full of resistors, LEDs etc etc I got when my company went bust
last year and I could take all the parts they had in the lab ... :D

How many beers did it take you to get through that pile :D

amberwolf said:
afaict those aer wirewrap posts
Sorry to disagree, they are not WW posts, they are too small when compared with the size of the 3AG slow bow fuse. (I worked for NEC when WW was the rage and did quite a few WW frames).
I think they may be another version of PCB test points. But that's a guess.

I would have to agree, test points that allow scope probes to attach to.

Back