The Plan Starts Now !!

off topic, but do have a thread link about the Boma motor. I saw that pull up on an Aliexpress search and want to find out more. Can't find anything that's been posted here on a google or es search.

akerr95 said:
By chance lets say i used gears rather than sprocket for my reduction system because of limited space, would my torque be less since the distance would be less.

Darn, I'm not familiar with the distance making a difference. The spur gears meshing sounds like the torque might be slightly better, not sure it would be worth the trouble. Don't see how it saves space.

dirkdiggler said:
off topic, but do have a thread link about the Boma motor. I saw that pull up on an Aliexpress search and want to find out more. Can't find anything that's been posted here on a google or es search.

Are you ASKING if there's a thread? Not that I know of and not that I'd expect. I don't think anyone would pick this motor.

Here is a wheel diameter to speed/RPM chart to make the first step a little easier...

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16114

Once you decide that you will be using X volts and Y amps, that results in a certain amount of watts. If 1,200W (as a common example) is used on a system that is geared to run at 50-MPH, it will have very weak acceleration and hill-climbing. It will only achieve near 50-MPH on flat land with pedaling added. If that same 1,200W is geared for 12-MPH, it will be slow (of course), but it will have exceptional hill-climbing, with very few heat issues.

Are you ASKING if there's a thread? Not that I know of and not that I'd expect. I don't think anyone would pick this motor.

Is this motor crap? I'm still wanting to upgrade a razor gokart with something similar to this size motor.

spinningmagnets said:
Here is a wheel diameter to speed/RPM chart to make the first step a little easier...

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16114

Once you decide that you will be using X volts and Y amps, that results in a certain amount of watts. If 1,200W (as a common example) is used on a system that is geared to run at 50-MPH, it will have very weak acceleration and hill-climbing. It will only achieve near 50-MPH on flat land with pedaling added. If that same 1,200W is geared for 12-MPH, it will be slow (of course), but it will have exceptional hill-climbing, with very few heat issues.

Thanks for the info.

Back