“…they were not originally designed for…”. Conclusion??

"but it generally takes a lot of power from another aircraft to get them airborne to begin with"

I wouldn't say "generally". Slope soaring ultralights don't need any power assist, and bungee cord slingshot launches have been common for gliders since before WWII

My current ride is a Performer Trike with rear suspension. Max rated load is 260lbs. Just me riding it is out of designed, not to mention the conversion to an E-trike. I understand the companies position, we just like to used the safety factor or gray area. I understand that riding off curbs or doing jumps would be going to far.

From Wikipedia:
begging the question or assuming the conclusion is an informal fallacy that occurs when an argument's premises assume the truth of the conclusion, instead of supporting it.
So yes, he basically is begging the question, but the conclusion is so blatantly correct that I think it would stand in a court of law if you tried to sue him for your insane yet very exciting device killing you or someone else due to some failure of a part he supplied.

You seem to think you're onto some clever linguistic... Thing... You're not. You're failing at pedantry.

Mxlemming,

You have asserted “…the conclusion is so blatantly correct…”. What conclusion? That the fella did not assert any conclusion is my point of the thread. You now are making conclusions about conclusions out of thin air. Please, what premise, what conclusion?

And this nerdy statement aptly applies to you, “You seem to think you are on to something clever …[by making suppositions of a mental state?] and then making false conclusions about them?

Additionally, the intro phrase, “You seem to think…” would be trying to lead and box the witness. A no no…. You are clueless what goes on in my mind. So you could say truthfully, “I [seem to] think…”. You will not be permitted to put words into my mouth -0- thank you.

wow! isn't education grand!?

Back