I am currently using 4x20ah lead acid
very fast, geared to do 45mph quick
would like to go 40ah lithium
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :mrgreen:

Attachments

• Emini_at_1402.jpg
    Emini_at_1402.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,057
How many amps are your motor and controller? I have no experience with Headways but they are well-regarded around here. I've had good luck with my 20ah TS from Elite Power Solutions. If you are in the US you can get the 40ah TS from them fairly quickly and for not too much shipping. You can read about them at http://elitepowersolutions.com/products/product_info.php?cPath=16&products_id=93&osCsid=4b655bf51fcb1e46906dc53176b843b1. They'll cost $960 + s&h. They're rated 2C so would be good for 80 amps. Also, they come prewired in a rectangular brick of 12.8V each so they are easy to put in series. You might want a BMS, as they don't have one, although they can be ordered with rudimentary balancers. You can look around here for a BMS board or make your own from a balancing charger and Celllogs. I'm sure others will chime in - jd

TS is cheaper but they won't work well if you try to pull too many amps out of them. You could try 3p with the 16ah headways.. less connections than 4p of the 10ah's and you would have more capacity. Headways would be at least 1200 for 40ah..

Motor and controller are rated 300amp max, pretty sure the combo delivers around 100amps+ (i am installing a PakTrakr with current sensor which will give me real time digital readout).
My son loves this minibike and rides it often. SLA's provide a range of about 5 miles or 15 to 30 minutes with a mix of jammin and cruisin. Last rack of SLA's lasted about 50 recycles.
I would be nice to double the range/runtime and get 1000 recycles :)

Niether. You want lipo. At least 30 c. That way you'd only need 10 ah minimim of it. 15 ah of it would give you much more usable distance than your current sla setup. 14s is a pretty close match to 48v nominal lithium. But if you can push 63v though the controller, go for 15s lipo. That would be 9 blocks of 5s 5 ah lipo to make a 48v 15 ah pack.

Hobby King is the place to get it.

Or if you want LiFeP04 safe chemistry, you might want to consider a 48V / 42Ah High C-rated Pack from LiFeBATT ? See file attached. Probably won't fit but can be re-configured or turned on it's side. This one is for Big E-bikes with Big motors & controllers.

Best,
Don Harmon :mrgreen:

Back