Tip for Kiwi dropout adapters for DH Comps/Teams

Obiwan007

1 kW
Just a quickie tip I accidentally discovered today. Been starting in on my own DH Team build. Had been thinking about making a truly captured nut for them so that the pinch bolts could be tightened without them spinning. I made a discovery yesterday. As I was mounting my own set of Kiwi adapters, I was digging through my tool box and spotted a pair of the under-nuts used to screw the terminals onto the battery of my jet ski. They are little square things that fit into a recess of the terminals. They looked to be about the right size an low-and-behold the treads matched. They fit nearly perfect, definately capturing for thightening and they have nice deep threads. I got these when I replaced the battery but I know they are a standard part for motorcycle batteries and such and anyone should be able to source them inexpensively. Mentioned these to Kiwi and he said that he is making a modification to address this issue in future production of the adapter. He asked me to pass this little tip onto the Sphere though in case anyone else can benefit from it. He also wanted to caution against over tightening the pinch bolts to avoid deforming them and making it difficult to remove the axel later. Here are some admittedly poor quality pics. Obiwan
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back