Triangle battery bag

tstephens said:
icecube57 said:
I sent in the money order and received the bag the next week. It reminded me of my first eBay purchase back in the 90's.
Believe it or not, some people still use Windows 95 (or even DOS) and are very reluctant to upgrade to anything else.

Rollodo, the EM3EV bag has at least 2 slits for the wires to exit/enter. One is in the front of the triange, near the headtube. Another is located to the top rear of the bag, closer to the bike seat. I'm not entirely sure if there is one near the bottom rear of the bag, near the bottom bracket, I'll check today and post an edit...

As far as the picture of you folding montague bike & EM3EV bag. I was thinking maybe modifying a quick release clamp rear seatpost rack. Remove the wide rack, and weld on an angled aluminum bar for the bags bottom velcro can attach to something so the bag stays more in place.

melodious said:
Rollodo, the EM3EV bag has at least 2 slits for the wires to exit/enter. One is in the front of the triange, near the headtube. Another is located to the top rear of the bag, closer to the bike seat. I'm not entirely sure if there is one near the bottom rear of the bag, near the bottom bracket, I'll check today and post an edit...

As far as the picture of you folding montague bike & EM3EV bag. I was thinking maybe modifying a quick release clamp rear seatpost rack. Remove the wide rack, and weld on an angled aluminum bar for the bags bottom velcro can attach to something so the bag stays more in place.
The only closest reliable bag for the PP frame I found is sold by HPC (http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=53232), is ridiculously priced at ~$140 after the shipping, but I, once again, believe it's the only reliable solution. Though the pricing definitely sucks, I'm considering getting that bag from them simply because I haven't found anything like it anywhere else.

Dimension wise, it appears to be able to hold Paul's 50V 28Ah battery, which is what I consider getting. Coupled with a BBS02, I think it would make a good commuting solution.

aymweu.jpg

Before you dive in for that $$$, start a search here for a similar thread about bike bags that I posted in. Another member linked an ebay site selling custom bags where you input the dimensions X,Y,Z and they will make a cordura type bag accordingly. You may be able to communicate your intentions and they may be able to give you a good bag at a more reasonable cost. As I recall, their pricing was pretty reasonable. :idea:

I bought a falcon bag a few months back. Had to send in check. He responds to emails.

I think this is the link to ebay that has custom bag
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uraltour-Custom-Frame-Bike-Bicycle-Bag-tracking-number-/251447539061?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8b70f575

I read a few words on this bag on the mbtr forum, and people praise it for its quality, but they also mention things like 'if you only use it once or twice a year' (http://forums.mtbr.com/bikepacking-bike-expedition/uraltour-bags-822929.html). Well, I plan to ride my bike way more frequently than a few times per year. Therefore, I need something that will withstand the weight of ~7.5 kg (with road bumps adding to the 'weight' numbers), be very weather resistant, and be easy to strap on and off the bike.

But I do like this top-tube mount bag very much, I never considered mounting a bag above the tube, but it also makes sense. Got me thinking now:

ural bag.jpg

Rollodo said:
melodious said:

The only closest reliable bag for the PP frame I found is sold by HPC (http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=53232), is ridiculously priced at ~$140 after the shipping, but I, once again, believe it's the only reliable solution. Though the pricing definitely sucks, I'm considering getting that bag from them simply because I haven't found anything like it anywhere else.

Dimension wise, it appears to be able to hold Paul's 50V 28Ah battery, which is what I consider getting. Coupled with a BBS02, I think it would make a good commuting solution.

aymweu.jpg
Where is the 50v 28ah battery from?? I am looking at getting something very similar that would fit in a battery pack the size of the one from HPC..

Ok, got the Em3ev bag, and I must say - it fits and fits quiet well. Granted, I might have to do something about tucking in the bottom velcro's, but it fits.

Attachments

• IMG_20140222_144950.jpg
    IMG_20140222_144950.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 1,654
I might have to do something about tucking in the bottom velcro's, but it fits.

I have been using a triangle bag for 9 months on a souped up Prodego Phantom X. I use the bottom velcro to hold the controller.

IMG_20130620_054538.jpg

Guys, doesn't it swing around, like a lot?

I generally find that if I have any sort of movement, it tends to wear out the plugs etc..

My triangle bag without the bottom tube is surpriseingly stable. The bike was a daily commuter for 9 months. I don't ride it as much anymore because of my new build but it's well balanced and still very reliable and road worthy.

Fits Like A Glove.

Attachments

• 1510699_10151893569356073_998826013_n (Small).jpg
    1510699_10151893569356073_998826013_n (Small).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,567
Rollodo said:
Ok, got the Em3ev bag, and I must say - it fits and fits quiet well. Granted, I might have to do something about tucking in the bottom velcro's, but it fits.

Any updates on this? Do you still use this bag-or did you end up sticking with the hpc one? Does the swinging not bother you/the pack?

Thought I would post this here as I came across it and thought it was an interesting triangle like shape that could fit into a bike frame.
While the emv3 kind of crushes all in terms of ease and suitability I thought this could be a nice alternative to those who might be able to make it fit and want something that looks different. Not bad I thought for $39 for a pair of them.
http://www.banggood.com/A-Pair-Universal-Motorcycle-Saddlebags-Saddle-Bags-Pouch-For-Harley-p-975621.html
Probably work for my Trek DS or a Giant Roam.2 that I once eyed but might be too much for the typical mountain bike out there that tend to have deliberately small sized triangle spaces.
Lately I been trying to beautify my bike a bit despite the rule of thumb that an ugly bike is a bike thats less likely to be stolen.

Attachments

• SKU226464 (1).jpg
    SKU226464 (1).jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 1,191
They are a cheap business and the reason why they do this is after you get 20k in PayPal they report your earnings. So they get 19999 in there and refuse to accept anymore payments via paypal and only take checks and money orders after that point. I run a small business and pulled in 80k through paypal. Its inevitable when you are a growing business. As long as you know how to pay hide the sausage with uncle sam everything is cool. I suppose they dont want the headache and keep everything off the books which scares me. No electronic paper trail just the hope and faith system.

Back